Giant Bomb |OT 18| See you later, Air Force Gator

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
im in the middle of watching it right now. all the teens are great characters and I want them all to be happy
Good. I love them all (....except not really Adam)
Is there another show you would compare it to in terms of feel?
Honestly, I don't think there's much I can pull in terms of reference points. Parts of season 2 especially (in both editing and realism of characterization) reminded me of The Haunting of Hill House? Like obv very very different shows but a similar empathetic representation of human relationships, especially through arguments. I haven't seen many other teen sex romp dramas i guess

But also the ensemble cast is so much bigger, and there are like 6 story threads going on at the same time, and they're all really really well done

Oct 25, 2017
Is there another show you would compare it to in terms of feel?
maybe chewing gum? since both are comedies about characters navigating clumsily around sex and relationships. though sex education has more serious moments that delve into each teens home environment, some more than others, to give you a rounder picture who they are as a person and how that shapes them and how they interact with others.

I keep going back and forth on him. He's obviously so depressed because of his home life and his sexual orientation suppression, but he was such a doucebag to Eric that I don't want to forgive him.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
To follow up from yesterday? I think? If you need something very anime but slightly less problematic than one of jintor's pervert games Scissor Seven was alright enough.

If you need something more problematic than pervert games try mfkz, which again gets very racist.
but please if you need the goldilocks zone please come to jintor's pervert games inc where i will match you to your desired level of pervert game

GLAVONAK

Oct 25, 2017
me: *looking at my amazon list to see when games I’m interested in are coming out*

amazon’s recommendation bar thing: tokyo mirage sessions 3/5 stars

me: wow that’s weird is the switch version busted? I thought I heard it was good

amazon review: 1/5 this game has been CENSORED don’t support it!!!

me:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Talk about shipping!
When a customer really likes something from Amazon, they order it. Amazon then does this amazing thing called "shipping" to bring the customer's beloved item right to their doorstep (or, whatever address they choose).

This training video will show you the steps to making L.O.V.E. go everywhere--

me: *looking at my amazon list to see when games I’m interested in are coming out*

amazon’s recommendation bar thing: tokyo mirage sessions 3/5 stars

me: wow that’s weird is the switch version busted? I thought I heard it was good

amazon review: 1/5 this game has been CENSORED don’t support it!!!

me:
Not even Dragonball Z: Kakarot is immune.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Wild how Spider-Man PS4 is a better superhero game than any of the Arkham games because the gameplay in Spider-Man actually regularly involves saving people and makes Spidey interact with civilians in a variety of ways.

GLAVONAK

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, ark ham asylum is good, but not for anything batman related

spiderman is actually a good spiderman game

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
At this point it's safe to say Natalie was just low-key laid off from Waypoint right? Cause like.. she left and has been looking for work?
She'd just taken another job and she explicitly said as much when she left; the way they talked about made it seem like a pretty big opportunity. But she wasn't able to announce where it was yet and is looking for work now, so whatever happened was with the unknown new place.

and yes, she... lives in NY, guys... she didn't move... people do like to go back, to their homes...

(also for the billionth time people, GB will publicly post when they're hiring)

ket

Jul 27, 2018
More hot takes: God of War is a better Metroidvania game then Control/Jedi Fallen Order because it features more open ended paths for upgrades

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
what if they already hired her but are keeping it secret until the ps5 meeting next month

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
ScreamingMadden ...aaaand I'm in. Saturday is good for me too as long as it's fairly early EST. It's the day before my birthday so I am going out that night to see some friends from college.

Honestly, I don't think there's much I can pull in terms of reference points. Parts of season 2 especially (in both editing and realism of characterization) reminded me of The Haunting of Hill House? Like obv very very different shows but a similar empathetic representation of human relationships, especially through arguments. I haven't seen many other teen sex romp dramas i guess

But also the ensemble cast is so much bigger, and there are like 6 story threads going on at the same time, and they're all really really well done
maybe chewing gum? since both are comedies about characters navigating clumsily around sex and relationships. though sex education has more serious moments that delve into each teens home environment, some more than others, to give you a rounder picture who they are as a person and how that shapes them and how they interact with others.
Sounds good, I will look into it, thanks!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i went to go check if ring fit was in stock at JB cos i heard it was incredibly hard to get and the guy taps on his phone for like 30 seconds, goes 'i think i have one in the back', goes and grabs it, bam, i'm out a bunch of money. Dang and I just got #FE. Time to dual wield Switch JRPGs

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Wild how Spider-Man PS4 is a better superhero game than any of the Arkham games because the gameplay in Spider-Man actually regularly involves saving people and makes Spidey interact with civilians in a variety of ways.
as rob zacny pointed out recently on waypoint batman spends the entirety of every arkham game shepherding civilians to a 'safe location' only to come back hours later to find out they've all been horrendously murdered or whatever

Avengers23

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a space anime where starships that are similar but distinctly different enough to avoid a lawsuit are also girls?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
In regards to the whole "why bother with a console if you can get a PC" discussion from the Beastcast, I think a big factor that J-Bak neglected to mention was price.

If I wanted to grab a pre-built tower that could take on Cyberpunk at 2K/60 on High settings, that'd run me what, at least a grand plus another 500 bones for a G-Sync monitor?

That's more than what I would pay for an XSX and a PS5. Hell, I could throw in a new Switch and still come in under the price I'd pay for a powerful rig.

I'm giving my current PC to my brother next month, than I'm all in on consoles going forward.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
In regards to the whole "why bother with a console if you can get a PC" discussion from the Beastcast, I think a big factor that J-Bak neglected to mention was price.

If I wanted to grab a pre-built tower that could take on Cyberpunk at 2K/60 on High settings, that'd run me what, at least a grand plus another 500 bones for a G-Sync monitor?

That's more than what I would pay for an XSX and a PS5. Hell, I could throw in a new Switch and still come in under the price I'd pay for a powerful rig.

I'm giving my current PC to my brother next month, than I'm all in on consoles going forward.
Welcome! I was a PC gamer for a few years and it’s just too complicated and expensive to keep up with. Especially since I don’t mod or anything. Just sticking to my PlayStation like a casual.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Jeez... The first boss in The Surge 2 is no joke...
Not sure how but on my first attempt at him I aced him and severed his weapon arm, getting it super early. Not sure what I was channeling when I nailed that because I didn't perform nearly that good on anything else in the game.

Unless you mean the first big boss, the walking squid guy that flips over. In which case, fuck that guy. That fight was a motherfucker.

I mean this in the least PC-defensive way possible, but you can't hold a monitor against PC gaming if you aren't going to hold a TV against console gaming. I get that either can have other uses but "500 bones for a G-sync" is just an arbitrary thing to add on there. Not like you need a super special monitor to sync to 60.

But I can't blame anyone for going the console route these days. It would make my life easier to do the same because now I have to diagnose whether it is my video card dying or some other shit that's making me restart this damn thing every 12 hours to play a game.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome! I was a PC gamer for a few years and it’s just too complicated and expensive to keep up with. Especially since I don’t mod or anything. Just sticking to my PlayStation like a casual.
Yeah that's my exact line of thinking. I'm looking up at how much it'd cost to upgrade my rig for next gen, and it just isn't worth the headache when I'm sure the PhilBox will handle it just fine for a lesser price.
Not sure how but on my first attempt at him I aced him and severed his weapon arm, getting it super early. Not sure what I was channeling when I nailed that because I didn't perform nearly that good on anything else in the game.

Unless you mean the first big boss, the walking squid guy that flips over. In which case, fuck that guy. That fight was a motherfucker.

I mean this in the least PC-defensive way possible, but you can't hold a monitor against PC gaming if you aren't going to hold a TV against console gaming. I get that either can have other uses but "500 bones for a G-sync" is just an arbitrary thing to add on there. Not like you need a super special monitor to sync to 60.

But I can't blame anyone for going the console route these days. It would make my life easier to do the same because now I have to diagnose whether it is my video card dying or some other shit that's making me restart this damn thing every 12 hours to play a game.
I mean, my current G-Sync monitor ran me $550 lol. But I feel you.

Thing is, I feel like if you're gonna go for a gaming pc, you gotta go all the way. Like, why get a tower if you're only looking to target 1080p/60 in the year 2020, ya know?

I just think it's weird how some folks toss aside the idea that convenience, value, and reliability are legitimate reasons to choose a console.

Is Jeff Bakalar in the pocket of Big PC?

GLAVONAK

Oct 25, 2017
Austin: *googling and explaining the cat poop parasite*

Keith: “okay this is it: we already have this, that’s why we love the bugs!”

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
At this point it's safe to say Natalie was just low-key laid off from Waypoint right? Cause like.. she left and has been looking for work?
wouldn’t call it “safe to say” at all seeing as Natalie’s departure from Waypoint was framed as her pursuing an exciting new opportunity

anyway, I’d like to note two things:

1) Control fucking rules

2) started listening to the Match 3 podcast, and man that is some good 2015-16 content

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Austin: *googling and explaining the cat poop parasite*

Keith: “okay this is it: we already have this, that’s why we love the bugs!”
me, thinking about BUG RIDING BUG RIDING: well, I should unpause this episode I was in the middle of...

the podcast, like 30 seconds later: so we all have bug disease

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel recently that PC gaming is getting more and more expensive and it’ll probably be 10 years before I upgrade from my current rig (a 1080ti) as I stick to just buying consoles as my main upgrades. The new release PC games here in Australia are more expensive than the console versions too and I find that outrageous.

GLAVONAK

Oct 25, 2017
me, thinking about BUG RIDING BUG RIDING: well, I should unpause this episode I was in the middle of...

the podcast, like 30 seconds later: so we all have bug disease
to be infested by a parasite that makes me love the giant bugs, who tend to my crops and carry me to faraway places...

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
I feel recently that PC gaming is getting more and more expensive and it’ll probably be 10 years before I upgrade from my current rig (a 1080ti) as I stick to just buying consoles as my main upgrades. The new release PC games here in Australia are more expensive than the console versions too and I find that outrageous.
Yeah, the all digital future is going to suck here.

Status
Not open for further replies.