Games you remember, names you don't

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Got curious and want to ask this game here:

It is a racing game for PC, yet I am unsure when exactly it was released before early 2000s and whether or not it had ports. It featured colorful cars, albeit it wasnt too stylized. It featured a deep purple/violet colored background for car & track selection.

I think its from 90s, but I have no solid proof.
On of the Screamer chapters?

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
I need help. I don't know if it has been released or not, but if it has, it's pretty recent. I saw some gameplay a year back or so.

It's first person stealth game and you're supposed to uncover a conspiracy of some sort. The whole game is supposed to be in real-time, with real-time minutes, and you use your wristwatch to keep track of time. Pretty decent graphics too.

Anyone?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I need help. I don't know if it has been released or not, but if it has, it's pretty recent. I saw some gameplay a year back or so.

It's first person stealth game and you're supposed to uncover a conspiracy of some sort. The whole game is supposed to be in real-time, with real-time minutes, and you use your wristwatch to keep track of time. Pretty decent graphics too.

Anyone?
Not that 12 Minutes game is it?

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
On of the Screamer chapters?
Looking up, so far original 1995 Screamer seems like closest one so far. It even had slight hills on road like that.

Im not qute sure if it was that one, as I probably should have said that the game is for Windows 95. Graphically Screamer has best resemblence. I think I'd recognize it if I saw its menus more lol.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK

Anyone?

Oooooh, is it The Occupation?

Alex Connolly

Oct 27, 2017
Kagoshima, Japan

It is a racing game for PC, yet I am unsure when exactly it was released before early 2000s and whether or not it had ports. It featured colorful cars, albeit it wasnt too stylized. It featured a deep purple/violet colored background for car & track selection.

Adding Motorhead and POD (Planet of Death) to the list of potentials.

Chixdiggit

Oct 31, 2017
Multiplayer game that I either played on the 360 or PS3. WW2 era I think war game with a top down type view. You could drive tractors. You could pick different commanders.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017

Fatal Racing?

SpaceCrystal

Apr 1, 2019
I am wondering if anyone can help me identify a game from the NES in which I've heard of before, but have forgotten about. I have a couple of clues/hints (spoilers may be in):
  • The main protagonist was a teenage boy who had a hard life due to his classmates making fun of him because of his name, etc.
  • He was sent into another world by a queen & was sent to defeat an evil warlord
  • He had a fairy companion named Chloe (?), who had sacrificed herself near the end of the game so that the protagonist can advance to defeat an evil warlord & have gotten resurrected by the Queen as a human girl to be beside the protagonist for her deeds.
It's been racking my brain thinking of it.

Griff

Aug 12, 2018
Twin Peaks, Washington
Let's see if someone knows the name of this game I played in Japanese as a kid and never was able of getting to far as I couldn't figure out how to save:

• SNES JRPG
  • The beginning/nearly beginning is inside a dungeon/tower/temple
  • There are priest/monks NPC at the entrance/in some safe rooms where you can replenish your HP drinking from what it seems to be a jar with holy water
  • The members of your party follow you while walking, they use the previous tiles the leader steeped in
  • An early boos was some kind snake, a half woman half snake chimera, maybe, I am not sure
Maybe even it's a famous game, I am not versed on jrpgs outside FF
This sounds like a dragon quest. Possible DQ3 or 4?

Pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Famicom. The game is set on a square grid (3x3 or 4x4? Can't remember), and you have to lift the tile grid on the floor to push enemies into the walls to hurt them. There's different enemy types and levels. The grid/floor changes colors with different stages.

Frump

Oct 27, 2017
I am wondering if anyone can help me identify a game from the NES in which I've heard of before, but have forgotten about. I have a couple of clues/hints (spoilers may be in):
  • The main protagonist was a teenage boy who had a hard life due to his classmates making fun of him because of his name, etc.
  • He was sent into another world by a queen & was sent to defeat an evil warlord
  • He had a fairy companion named Chloe (?), who had sacrificed herself near the end of the game so that the protagonist can advance to defeat an evil warlord & have gotten resurrected by the Queen as a human girl to be beside the protagonist for her deeds.
It's been racking my brain thinking of it.
Astyanax.

Frump

Oct 27, 2017
Famicom. The game is set on a square grid (3x3 or 4x4? Can't remember), and you have to lift the tile grid on the floor to push enemies into the walls to hurt them. There's different enemy types and levels. The grid/floor changes colors with different stages.
Mendel Palace, known as Quinty on Famicom.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I never thought I would need this thread but here I am lol. Looking for a recent indie rpg only available on PC right now but protagonist is a female cyborg I think combat is more action based. I think the mc uses some kind of projectile disc or something. Sorry it's not a lot to go on but I do remember the dev's released a web browser demo for it I just can't remember the name haha.

plast

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I would need this thread but here I am lol. Looking for a recent indie rpg only available on PC right now but protagonist is a female cyborg I think combat is more action based. I think the mc uses some kind of projectile disc or something. Sorry it's not a lot to go on but I do remember the dev's released a web browser demo for it I just can't remember the name haha.
CrossCode?

Link_enfant

Jan 20, 2018
A mix of 2D/3D platformer on Saturn. You control a green character (maybe a lizard but I don't remember) and I remember seeing bubbles here and there; maybe as a your main weapon, or as obstacles... It's been so long :(
I think that was a playable demo and not the full game, if that can help. It comes to mind each time I talk about or see Saturn videos.

FairyEmpire

Oct 25, 2017
A mix of 2D/3D platformer on Saturn. You control a green character (maybe a lizard but I don't remember) and I remember seeing bubbles here and there; maybe as a your main weapon, or as obstacles... It's been so long :(
I think that was a playable demo and not the full game, if that can help. It comes to mind each time I talk about or see Saturn videos.
Was it one of the Gex games?

tsab

Nov 3, 2017
Bug! or Bug Too!

probably Bug!

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone remember an old DOS game where you moved a smiley face around and collected keys to exit the level? I vaguely remember it but have had no luck figuring out what it was. Started to think I am just mis-remembering the Kingdom of Kroz series.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone remember an old DOS game where you moved a smiley face around and collected keys to exit the level? I vaguely remember it but have had no luck figuring out what it was. Started to think I am just mis-remembering the Kingdom of Kroz series.
There was a game called Supaplex where you controlled a smiley face but that was like a weird pac-man/boulder dash thing.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I asked my sister who I played that racing game with and it turned out, that even if I Still dont remember it 100%, that it was indeed Fatal Racing that was the game I remembered.

Thanks for help. My memories did end up finding the right game, albeit I do have to say it is funny I played a game called "Fatal Racing" as a very young kid withut realizing what it meant lol.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018
London
Hi!

I'm also looking for a game I played something like 8-10 years ago. It was a browser game, possibly Flash, but I'm not so sure about that.

The game was a top-down pixel graphics survival game. It looked a bit like a much grimmer and less beautiful version of Stardew Valley. You started in a little hut in woods. It was winter and you had to go out to collect wood and food. And you had to be back before dark, because some invisible(?) monsters killed you in the dark. I think also the nights got longer and longer and maybe the goal was to surivive long enough until spring. But I'm spculating a little on the last part there.

I played it on a website I don't remember, but it had really high rating on there, that's how I came across it.

Any ideas?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Hi!

I'm also looking for a game I played something like 8-10 years ago. It was a browser game, possibly Flash, but I'm not so sure about that.

The game was a top-down pixel graphics survival game. It looked a bit like a much grimmer and less beautiful version of Stardew Valley. You started in a little hut in woods. It was winter and you had to go out to collect wood and food. And you had to be back before dark, because some invisible(?) monsters killed you in the dark. I think also the nights got longer and longer and maybe the goal was to surivive long enough until spring. But I'm spculating a little on the last part there.

I played it on a website I don't remember, but it had really high rating on there, that's how I came across it.

Any ideas?
Sounds like "Don't Starve" by Klei .

Not sure there was a flash version though

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
If anyone can help me remember the title, I'll be most thankful.

This game was on PS4, 2D little blob things. Very cheap looking, and apparently developed over the course of fifteen years or something like that?

Almost has a multimedia look to it.

FaffEra

Nov 8, 2017
In the late 90s to 2001 my local cinema had a bunch of bootleg CPS1 cabinets with a 3rd button that was just A+B.

There was a 3D soccer game cabinet with what seemed like a ton of buttons for player 1, like 8-10. Probably also a bootleg with non standard button layouts. Any ideas?

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to remember the name of this game I saw on display in a store back in the early CD-ROM days.

I believe it was on CD-i, but I couldn't find anything on Google, so it's possible it's on some other multimedia machine of the time (if there were any). It may have also been released on PC, but I don't believe that's what I saw it running on. It also wasn't on Sega CD to the best of my knowledge and I don't think it was on 3DO.

Anyway, it was just a simple point and click adventure game using a mix of digitized photos and FMV all done from the player's POV.
It was set in modern time, and started out with you in your car, where you have to look around and eventually click on the door handle to get out. From there you wonder around what I believe was a park, and while crossing a small wooden bridge, a killer pops out from under the bridge and if you click on his face, the player says "Kiss my Reebok!" and pushes the killer away by stepping on his face.

It certainly didn't look like a good game, but I've always remembered that "Kiss my Reebok" line so I'm curious to see more of the game.

Edit: It's possible I may be misremembering it even having video. It might have just been digitized photos and voice clips. It was very basic.

Last edited:

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
Don't even remember the time frame this PC game came out, but I've searched everywhere for it. If I had to say when I played it, it was between 1999-2003. Used to own in on PC disk and I believe it was only available on PC. It wasn't Thief, but it was reminiscent of it in some sorts. You sneak in a castle and you have to solve puzzles.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Don't even remember the time frame this PC game came out, but I've searched everywhere for it. If I had to say when I played it, it was between 1999-2003. Used to own in on PC disk and I believe it was only available on PC. It wasn't Thief, but it was reminiscent of it in some sorts. You sneak in a castle and you have to solve puzzles.
Inquisition or Gothic maybe?

Rosebud

Apr 16, 2018
I remember playing a flash game that had many chemical elements for you to mix up and see what happens... anyone knows it?

Something similar would be fine too.

Frump

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to remember the name of this game I saw on display in a store back in the early CD-ROM days.

I believe it was on CD-i, but I couldn't find anything on Google, so it's possible it's on some other multimedia machine of the time (if there were any). It may have also been released on PC, but I don't believe that's what I saw it running on. It also wasn't on Sega CD to the best of my knowledge and I don't think it was on 3DO.

Anyway, it was just a simple point and click adventure game using a mix of digitized photos and FMV all done from the player's POV.
It was set in modern time, and started out with you in your car, where you have to look around and eventually click on the door handle to get out. From there you wonder around what I believe was a park, and while crossing a small wooden bridge, a killer pops out from under the bridge and if you click on his face, the player says "Kiss my Reebok!" and pushes the killer away by stepping on his face.

It certainly didn't look like a good game, but I've always remembered that "Kiss my Reebok" line so I'm curious to see more of the game.

Edit: It's possible I may be misremembering it even having video. It might have just been digitized photos and voice clips. It was very basic.
It's called Psycho Killer. As generic as that title is, I'm not surprised you had trouble googling it.

BrutalMoose did a video on it.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
There was a game I played on the Apple IIs. I'm pretty sure when you booted it up it said WEST.

It was a math game set in the old west where you rolled a set of dice and tried to maximize the given numbers to move ahead. The game board was a set of number lines, where each set of ten was a different "town". The goal was to reach 100 before your opponent.

It could be played against the cpu or with another player. Some quotes I remember:

"head on out to the next town"
"this town ain't big enough for both of us...now GIT! " (when you landed on the same number as your opponent)

I found a screenshot, but that's as far as I've gotten.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
An old nes game... I have tried my best over the years to remember but I don't.... From what I remember the first level takes place in a desert and the character can spawn ladders (don't say death stranding 😂). The character is like a buff dude and there is a snake boss/midboss. This is only the first area lol. I think it had power ups or something that had a Roman numeral 2 maybe...