• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 6 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes, 2 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Free Origin Access Basic in November if you enable 2-step authentication

Naru

May 11, 2019
There no BS, they just did what they said they would do.
Well yes but actually not really. I was Premier subscriber until a week ago. Since it took the so long to send the codes my Premier did run out and I only received Access.

Otherwise it would have been easy to get a free Premier month by subscribing for a month only at the right time, but they never said when exactly they would activate the offer.
So? You could do the same for November when you get the free codes and get a free month of Premier that way. Makes no difference.

But it really doesn't matter anymore. I'll wait for Fallen Order to hit Access in 6 months or so since it seems it needed some more dev time anyway. Access is enough for me for BFV etc.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Finally got my code this morning, currently downloading Battle for Neighbourville which is great so I can check it out before deciding to buy on PS4.

chrominance

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't have it here, and at this point never expect to get it.

EDIT: Late edit but literally five minutes after posting this, I got an email saying my code had been added, and the copy of Opus Magnum I was playing the last time I used the Access trial was active again.

Last edited:

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Holy mackerel! The sky has fallen in. I just got a buzz on my wrist notifying me of an email from Origin!

Hang in there guys. There is still hope.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Anybody still waiting?

In response to my post earlier, I have got an email with the month free access but it was a ancient account that I haven't used since the days of Mass Effect 2. The account I use these days still hasn't received anything.

Daffy Duck

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shat my pants the other day as I had an email saying I had activated a month of origin access, my account was behind 2FA so I had no idea what was going on, I googled it to then find the promo lol

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, it's got Shantae Half-Genie Hero on it. Will probably be the only game I play from this free trial. Maybe Detention.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Got an email and checked out the service and there is noting i really want to try on the service. If they gave premier , at least i can check out the new star wars game. Oh well, at least i know that its not for me.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Got an email and checked out the service and there is noting i really want to try on the service. If they gave premier , at least i can check out the new star wars game. Oh well, at least i know that its not for me.
I am disappointed about no Stars Wars, too but Frostpunk has turned out to be a great surprise for me. I'm really enjoying it and secretly hoping they give it away in the Humble Choice in the coming months.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
Ended up resetting and changing my passwords as I believed my account had been compromised following the email...

Would it have been so hard to point out that it was a promo in the email 😒

Martmyte

Feb 22, 2019
I was planning to buy a 1 month pass to binge on Fallen Order.. now I get to play 10 hours of it at least.. then spend £15 if I enjoy the first half. Hmmmm.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I just got this email that says that they will send me the code soon.

Thanks for enabling Login Verification on your EA Account as part of the Cybersecurity Month promotion we ran in October. More details on that here: https://help.ea.com/uk/help/account/login-verification-and-origin-access/.

We’re about to send you your free month of Origin Access. When we do, you’ll get an email saying that an Origin Access code has been redeemed on your account. Then you’ll be ready to start playing.

Thanks for helping us keep your account safe!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Still nothing here. I contacted support like 2 times already and they just said to me to wait XD

Zephyriel

Oct 27, 2017
Sad that they have to incentivize what should be basic security procedures to get people to actually use them.
I might just be seeing evil everywhere, but aren't they really incentivizing people to give them personal data, i.e. the phone numbers associated with their emails so they can sell that information to third parties? Otherwise I'm not sure why they would give something for free.

Stop It

Oct 25, 2017
I might just be seeing evil everywhere, but aren't they really incentivizing people to give them personal data, i.e. the phone numbers associated with their emails so they can sell that information to third parties? Otherwise I'm not sure why they would give something for free.
Considering you can use app authentication and don't need to give them a phone number? Yes your tin foil is shining hard.

JaseC

Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Has anybody who enabled 2FA in the past and subscribed to Premier at or near the end of October received their free month? I can't help but wonder if EA is waiting out the clock for people in my situation (my sub expires in approximately 72 hours).

Stop It

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody who enabled 2FA in the past and subscribed to Premier at or near the end of October received their free month? I can't help but wonder if EA is waiting out the clock for people in my situation (my sub expires in approximately 72 hours).
You put your tin foil away too.

Plenty of people on both subs have not got the thing yet.

According to support batches are done by account id, so I don't think there's anything there to suggest it's targeting premier users.

JaseC

Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
You put your tin foil away too.
Considering those who were subscribed to Premier during the promo period but had their sub lapse while waiting for their free month, which EA originally promised would take no more than "a few days", have been given a month of Basic instead, it's not as far-fetched as it sounds.

Plenty of people on both subs have not got the thing yet.
Yeah, I'm aware of that.

According to support batches are done by account id, so I don't think there's anything there to suggest it's targeting premier users.
Ah, good to know. Ta.

Edit: Is EA working its way backwards? My account details page says I created my account in March 2011 -- a few months before EADM was rebranded as Origin.

Last edited:

Stop It

Oct 25, 2017
Considering those who were subscribed to Premier during the promo period but had their sub lapse while waiting for their free month, which EA originally promised would take no more than "a few days", have been given a month of Basic instead, it's not as far-fetched as it sounds.

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

Ah, good to know. Ta.

Edit: Is EA working its way backwards? My account details page says I created my account in March 2011 -- a few months before EADM was rebranded as Origin.
Yep.

My account was from the EADL days too.

Nothing yet.

My account was from 2009, so probably a longer wait for me!

Stop It

Oct 25, 2017
:(

On the bright side, I'm fairly certain I'm nearing the end of Fallen Order, so even if I don't end up getting another month of Premier, it won't bother me all that much. Plus, at the end of the day, something is better than nothing.
Well, according to support (and take support with the pinch of salt as required) they said that they had to halt sending out the free months at one point because of problems.

Considering how badly they've done this, I think they won't be doing this like this again.

Dec

Oct 26, 2017
Account created Feb 2009 and got it on November 21st. So not sure account id is how they are doing it.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
If a half million people add it, that's a half million people who aren't going to be calling their support with 'uhhhhh my account got hacked or something?' and tying up the lines.

TP~

Oct 25, 2017
They could have worded the email differently to indicate it was a promotion or something

I had no idea this was happening and thought someone got into my account

Krysuk

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I had been hacked when it told
Me I had just bought 1 month origin access
Got me to logon and disconnect a lot of previously connected services and for some reason my PayPal was connected (which doesn’t make any sense as I regularly check my PayPal connections and last purchase with origin must have been 5 years ago) so that’s removed too - already had 2 step enabled a long time

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
Significant amount of people in here getting real pissy over getting something for literally making their accounts more secure. Christ be patient. Got mine earlier today. I already had TFA active so I literally had to do nothing.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I just got mine a few minutes ago. I had just written it off lol.

My account was made in 2012 for anyone interested.

Dr.Acula

Oct 25, 2017
I got a mail yesterday for it. Then I went on Origin and nothing happened... so I read the mail and it actually said they were going to activate my OA later... then today I did get a mail saying I was activated, so lol.

It's not as good as Gamepass, that's for sure. There aren't a lot of new new games on it. The new Star Wars would have been a killer app like how Gamepass used both FH4 and Gears5 to push their service. I'm DLing all 80 (!) gigs of BFV so I can play the single-player campaign at least. Even uPlay put their new Ghost Recon and most recent Asscreed on their service. I get that OA has a "premiere" mode, but maybe they should have had that be the "free month" version.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Well yes but actually not really. I was Premier subscriber until a week ago. Since it took the so long to send the codes my Premier did run out and I only received Access.
Wait, what?!

I talked to a representative when the promo was first announced, because I'd always had 2FA active, and my Premier subscription was going to end before November. They assured me that I'd still get a free month of Premier, which is why I haven't resubscribed.

Since I still haven't received my free month (account created in 2009), should I subscribe to Premier now to ensure that I get another month of Premier, instead of Basic?

Stop It

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what?!

I talked to a representative when the promo was first announced, because I'd always had 2FA active, and my Premier subscription was going to end before November. They assured me that I'd still get a free month of Premier, which is why I haven't resubscribed.

Since I still haven't received my free month (account created in 2009), should I subscribe to Premier now to ensure that I get another month of Premier, instead of Basic?
You may as well. I'd it applies to your current sub, it should upgrade whatever you have now.