For the next Zelda game. Would you want a direct sequel to Breath of the Wild?

Jobbs

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is the most prominent BotW topic, I was thinking about this today.

Some people kept saying "you'll see, once the honeymoon period is over, people will start not liking botw," but, is the opposite true for anyone else? I find myself appreciating the game even more as time goes on. It's truly an evergreen title. I can pick it up and play whenever and have tons of fun.
I was completely enthralled for the first section of the game (so 15-ish hours), which is great, and which is enough to get a lot of value out of it -- But I ended up playing many more hours after that because I finished the game and completed most of the content (I didn't find every seed because I'm not crazy) and I was left feeling disappointed. Enemy variety is lacking, character progression is lacking, and it just feels like too much space without enough to do or find in it. I can't imagine ever going back and playing it again. What a horrible chore that would be.

Mr-Joker

Oct 25, 2017
No, I want Nintendo to move on from Breath of the Wild and make a new Zelda game that successfully combine both the open air mechanic with the traditional grand Zelda story, memorable NPC, bombastic soundtrack and traditional dungeons that are not watered down...oh and no voice acting.

I'd like a prequel to Breath of the Wild, actually.
Indeed, one of the biggest problem that Breath of the Wild had was that everything interesting had already happened in the past

Since this is the most prominent BotW topic, I was thinking about this today.

Some people kept saying "you'll see, once the honeymoon period is over, people will start not liking botw," but, is the opposite true for anyone else? I find myself appreciating the game even more as time goes on. It's truly an evergreen title. I can pick it up and play whenever and have tons of fun.
Nope, the more I think about the game and the more I break down the game play, the more I realise just how mediocre and shallow the game is.

Breath of the Wild is simply not good Zelda game in my eyes as it barely even plays like one.

Jigu

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
As mentioned by more people in this thread, the second DLC pack might give us our next shot at the Breath of the Wild universe.

I'd pay a high price for the "guitar-packing Link on a motorcyle" approach that they showed at... GDC, I think? Anyway, something different from what we've had so far - maybe not that radical, but yeah :)

conman

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. The appeal of the game wasn't in the story, so I wouldn't just want more BotW with a different story and setting. I'd expect more significant changes to the systems and how they interact. Since the joy of the game comes from emergent action resulting from the interaction of different systems, I would hope that a sequel would find more and different ways to get systems playing off of one another in new ways.