Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis Out Dec 13

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Looks dope. I still need to get and play through Episode Prompto first though

2San

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great, still waiting for the game to be completed before I replay. Completed in the sense not updated anymore (singleplayer content wise).

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Looks really great.

Kinda wish this was included in the base game. The story really had an amazing potencial if told correctly from the get go...

Ishida

Oct 25, 2017
México
I see.

I still think it's a bit weird tho since we have a canon story and ending for XV.
Ah but you see, this is where the timeline SPLITS! If Ignis accepts Ardyn's offer, he eventually defeats him with the power of the ring and takes his place as the demon ruler of the world.

Imagine a very evil-looking Ignis sitting on the Lucis throne.

Son of Sparda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ah but you see, this is where the timeline SPLITS! If Ignis accepts Ardyn's offer, he eventually defeats him with the power of the ring and takes his place as the demon ruler of the world.

Imagine a very evil-looking Ignis sitting on the Lucis throne.
Dammit Ishida, now I actually want that lol

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
Ok, ok, I'll get the Season Pass now, Square-Enix. Episode Ignis, in concept, sounded like the worst/least interesting out of the bunch. Somehow, that trailer makes it look like the most interesting one! What a weird turnaround!

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so good! I can't wait to play this! His gameplay style is what I imagined it would be from one of the key arts they released years ago.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that trailer was pure hype. I was initial gonna wait till next year to play through FFXV again with all the updates & DLC, but with this new episode & the multiplayer expansion coming pretty soon I might have to come back sooner than expected.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I need Tabata to add the DLCs to the main game asap. He said he didn’t plan on it, but it needs to happen. This is the level of escalation and character development the midgame needed. Tabata did Ignis so dirty.

Maybe modders will do it instead.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Luna's corpse broke my heart ;(.
She was always a pure and saintly-like character for me that suffered but didn't get her happy end in her life.

Also lol, seeing Ignis jumping on the roofs while seeing (naked) Titan in the background reminded me on Attack on Titan XD

Hikari

Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Looks really good and Mitsuda? Oh mannnn just give me a xenogears remake already!!!!! Looks like episode Ignis has different endings? I may have to really pick up the season pass.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Still need to finish Episode Prompto before it, dropped it somewhere in the open world area.

Looks great, though. Bummer that still no new "news" for comrades, but eh

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they are going to show Pryna in the game because the paper said she died with Luna.

MakoEyes

Oct 30, 2017
looks very good. I am curious how the gameplay works out, and wow... Titan smashing Niflheim airships was surprising!

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
I need Tabata to add the DLCs to the main game asap. He said he didn’t plan on it, but it needs to happen. This is the level of escalation and character development the midgame needed. Tabata did Ignis so dirty.

I could see this being done for the Gladio and Prompto episodes but as I mentioned earlier, adding the Ignis episode just after chapter 9 could be a bit of a problem.

The true intentions of Ravus are revealed later in the game

But who knows. Maybe it will be better executed in the DLC and could serve as a more effective reveal than the one in the main game.

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what kind of experimental gameplay they'll go for in this ep. Metal Prom Solid was really fun! Gladio's weird action stuff really grated on me though.
Though I'm sure not many people used magic due to the whole friendly fire aspect. I'd enjoy just being able to finally use that system with Ignis without frying any of the other bros.

Champa

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm playing everything again after this is out.
Last time I played it was when I finished it in December last year.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what kind of experimental gameplay they'll go for in this ep. Metal Prom Solid was really fun! Gladio's weird action stuff really grated on me though.
Though I'm sure not many people used magic due to the whole friendly fire aspect. I'd enjoy just being able to finally use that system with Ignis without frying any of the other bros.
If you want a better magic system (own set of buttons, no friendly fire, MP-based instead of being consumable), check out the Comrades Multiplayer Expansion coming November 7. Can be played singleplayer too (no PS+ subscription necessary, afaik).

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
If you want a better magic system (own set of buttons, no friendly fire, MP-based instead of being consumable), check out the Comrades Multiplayer Expansion coming November 7. Can be played singleplayer too (no PS+ subscription necessary, afaik).
Oh, yeah I've heard of that! I didn't know it had a changed magic system, though. I have the season pass so I'll look into it when it's out.

SolVanderlyn

Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
At work so cannot watch the trailer (or use the apostrophe key and thus, contractions) but it sounds great. My boy Ravus getting center stage. Well, center-right. Next to the guy in the center.

Gbraga

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, the DLC leaks were true, after all! Can anyone find the link to that again?

Echo

Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
It's going to be very hard to top Episode Prompto which I regard as one of the best DLC pieces ever produced.

I look forward to this ride all the same however.

MoosiferX

Oct 27, 2017
Richland, WA
This looks so great! I don't buy DLC often, but I've really loved the FFXV DLC. As long as it's not crazy buggy like the Assassin's Creed thingy, we're golden.

BrentoLand

Oct 29, 2017
Kansas
This looks really good, but I'll probably wait until the game is 100% done until I play it. It's gonna be real interesting replaying the game with all the stuff they'll add to it.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Multiple endings? Can they mean...

Ignis won't be blinded in one ending and will affect the rest of XV's Chapter 11-14?

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it, I really hope Ignis’ combat has a few of the tweaks present in Comrades that makes those characters feel better.

Multiple endings? Can they mean...

Ignis won't be blinded in one ending and will affect the rest of XV's Chapter 11-14?
Possibility. Though I don't know if it would be the latter. When Ardyn asks Ignis to join them, you could be given the option to have his eye sight spared, and abandoning Noctis vs. Ignis sacrificing his eye sight to protect him, thus determining the ending to the episode.

Random thought: Was I the only one who thought "multiple endings" meant for the full game? After watching today's trailer, it just reminds me
how sad the original ending is :/
. Also, I hope they emphasize the relationship between Ravus and Luna. These are two important characters here with no foundation and little screen-time. I want to learn more about them.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017

Honestly, they really don't have to do it. Just make a nice screen with each Episodes' key art at the end of Chapter 6, 9, and 12 telling fans they can now check out the respective Episodes (Gladio for 6, Ignis for 9, Prompto for 12) in the Special section from the Main Menu.

Tintin

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to play more ffxv. Prompto's dlc was great. Love this game and the soundtrack.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Did anybody notice the game has VR support? I wonder how it will be implemented, only cutscenes? Or also the gameplay... Hmm... this will be interesting.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the most interesting of the four episodes. My fingers are still crossed that Square Enix finds a way to properly integrate all the DLC at some point in the future to make one cohesive package.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Timely, I just beat FF15 this weekend.

Ignis wasn’t favorite of the lot, so I’ll likely just skip to this one - unless there are some solid story moments in either the last two? Gladiolus wasn’t that interesting to me but maybe Prompto.

Either way, I’m down for Ignis though I don’t understand why you need to have beaten the full game to play these. Considering how few people do finish games, their completion of these episodes must be terrible on the backend

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If not now theyre definitely doing a second ending with some ruined world episode or something. Im guessing the second batch of dlc will be episode kingsglaive, episode brotherhood (with adult regis), episode ardyn and the big one will be the dark world.
I wonder whats the news on them adding all these characters to the main game. Pretty sure they mentioned that as a plan.including the custom character.

Miang

Oct 28, 2017
Enjoyed XV but haven't played any of the episodes yet. Should pick up the season pass at some point.

MITSUDA THO? Be still my beating heart.

adit

Oct 29, 2017
tonja
i have no idea how season pass works, i still can buy it right ?, even after they release last DLC (Ignis in this case) ?

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, held off on the other DLCs as well.
Might stick around for Comrades and be done with XV on PS4, as for the rest I'll get it on PC when it comes out.