Favorite moment in Star Wars? Series spoilers inbound.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
The trench run in A New Hope and specifically "YAHOO! You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home!" It's one of those scenes that I truly wish I could have seen in theaters with others for the first time in 77. I can only imagine how exciting it must have been.

My other favorite moment is in Empire when Luke first confronts Vader. The lights turning on and all you hear is Vader breathing. Then "The force is with you, young Skywalker... but you are not a Jedi yet." Luke's cavalier attitude toward the duel. Right down to his lightsaber powering on quickly compared to Vader's saber slowing extending. It's so tense. Also one of the finest "reaching the final boss" moments in media.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Oddly enough for me it’s

and as Luke looks at the Binary Sunset and the music swells and you think about how small his world is right then and what he’s about to embark on...

Enough to make this grown man shed a tear these days.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I love the reveal of Luke's "projection" in TLJ. My spine didn't stop tingling until I left my seat. The whole bit with him proudly gazing into the (imaginary?) binary sunset was beautiful.

Basically any time they use the Binary Sunset cue gets me going.

Dagobert Duck

Oct 28, 2017
Mine is the ending of New Hope. The medal ceremony feels so weirdly out of place yet so satisfying for an ending. Plus it got Chewie in it and we all know Chewie is the best:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That’s a really cool scene, OP.

Not even for the fight so much as how well they actually incorporated the father-son conflict into it, but the fight is among the best in the franchise, too.
The entire Battle of Endor, from the ground war to the space battle to the throne room, is one of my favourite bits of cinema.

FutureLarking

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a sucker for space battles, so the opening of Revenge of the Sith was amazing for me at the time, as was the Rogue One space battle.

As gorgeous as The Last Jedi can be, every single beautiful scene is flawed for me, and the Throne Room fight doesn't get a look in because it has the worst and most blatantly telegraphed choreography of any modern Star Wars film.

Oct 25, 2017
England
It's either this...

...or this...

The first one is just insane, because nobody expected Palpatine would personally travel to Mandalore to kill Maul and his brother. He would've sent Dooku, you think, unless he believed Maul was stronger than Dooku now.

Then they fight and he's clearly not even taking them seriously, instead having fun dismantling them both. It's a really cool lightsaber fight, possibly the best in all of Star Wars, and in the end Maul isn't begging for his life - he's begging for a quick death.

The second one is powerful for entirely different reasons. Seeing Obi-Wan and Maul face each other down one last time, seeing Obi-Wan only activate his lightsaber when Maul realises Luke is on the planet, the way Obi-Wan so effortlessly cuts Maul down...

Thanks to this one short scene you can tell why Vader was hesitant in his fight against Obi-Wan because he could have easily cut the guy in half if he wanted.

Tence

Oct 30, 2017
There are so many, most of which have already been posted in this thread.

So I am going with one that I saw very recently. I will spoiler it because Mandalorian hasn't been out that long

The Mandalorian Episode 1 spoiler!

Dec 31, 2017

The entire confrontation between Luke and Vader in Empire Strikes Back.

The subdued refrain of the empires theme from the moment Luke arrives to him being dropped outside.

Chills.

Oct 25, 2017
I think episode 1 of Mandalorian had my favorite live-action Star Wars moment of the Disney Era.
The Mandalorian hideout and blacksmith
It gave me Star Wars Galaxies flashbacks so strongly.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who posted Luke vs Vader round 2 is correct.
The warp attack scene in TLJ is probably the worst, by a wide margin.

cj_iwakura

Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
It's either this...

...or this...

The first one is just insane, because nobody expected Palpatine would personally travel to Mandalore to kill Maul and his brother. He would've sent Dooku, you think, unless he believed Maul was stronger than Dooku now.

Then they fight and he's clearly not even taking them seriously, instead having fun dismantling them both. It's a really cool lightsaber fight, possibly the best in all of Star Wars, and in the end Maul isn't begging for his life - he's begging for a quick death.

The second one is powerful for entirely different reasons. Seeing Obi-Wan and Maul face each other down one last time, seeing Obi-Wan only activate his lightsaber when Maul realises Luke is on the planet, the way Obi-Wan so effortlessly cuts Maul down...

Thanks to this one short scene you can tell why Vader was hesitant in his fight against Obi-Wan because he could have easily cut the guy in half if he wanted.

Hell yeah, both are good choices (the Maul vs Obi obviously being my choice, though the 2-on-1 is second best).

And fuck, I know people like to make fun of Savage..but dude's story is tragic as FUCK.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
I wish so badly that the Luke projection in TLJ wouldn't have been a younger Luke. It kind of gives away the twist that he's not actually there.

Another personal favorite of mine is everyone having dinner with Vader minus Luke. Something about Han being in a room with Vader seems great. Han's usually the one that has everything under control, but now he's face to face with such an intimidating figure with no other choice but to submit.

JigglesBunny

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

God, I fucking love this scene so much. Not only is it my favorite scene in all of Star Wars, it's one of my favorite scenes in cinema period.

The lead up to this with Rey and Kylo in the elevator where they're both saying they will turn for each others, so Kylo betraying Snoke and making you feel like he went to the lightside to the final gut punch when we find out that he wants Rey to turn with him. Everything is pitch perfect and if that wasn't good enough, it's cutting in between Finn/Rose and Poe/Holdo's storylines with all three plotlines climaxing at the first same time with Holdo raming Snoke's armada.

IS. IT. FUCKING. AMAZING.
That moment in Rogue One when...

I can hear the music in this gif, and it still gives me goosebumps.

phonicjoy

Jun 19, 2018
Rey scavenging those Star Destroyers. Her theme just fits the scenery, and it was just everything that I like about Star Wars. Seeing that as my first visit to a Dolby Atmos reference theater was just mindblowing. Guess that explains why I'm enjoying the Mandalorian so much, very similar atmosphere.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I love, love, love the Kylo Ren vs. Rey dual in the snow in TFA, specifically the part from 2:49 to 3:31 in this video:

FaceHugger

Oct 27, 2017

Watching Anakin fall completely, even knowing it was coming. Obi Wan being forced to decide to kill him. The highlight of some pretty dreary moments in the prequels.

Then shit pops off and it's probably the best sword fight ever in cinema.

Oct 25, 2017
Luke's "And I am not the last Jedi", cut to Rey. Chills.

The Last Jedi is far and away the best SW movie ever made for me.
Also, Holdo's sacrifice. The most stunning shot in all of SW.

Nov 27, 2017

Their first real showdown. It looks awesome. Vader is so menacing. It all leads to the big reveal. A little surprised that this hasn't been mentioned more.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Luke watching the twin suns in New Hope
Yoda lifiting the X-Wing Up in Empire
Luke vs Vader in Empire
The Throne Room sequence in Jedi
Rey getting the Saber in TFA
Yoda Lesson in Last Jedi
The Throne Room sequence in Last Jedi
That silent moment in Last Jedi
Luke watching the twin suns in Last Jedi
The slave boy in Last Jedi

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It looks fucking cool, but rips open a fuckin big plot hole in addition to ripping open the ship.
It's the capper on the worst subplot in that film. Everything else was fine to me, but the Holdo and Poe plot was stupid. That and the fuel plot, given how space has no opposing force to slow a ship, unless they were just getting progressively faster and faster the entire time.
Tbh, you are kind of assuming that space behaves exactly the same way as it does in our reality when it clearly doesn't in Star Wars. Aka the explosions and sound and that things fall out of space. The series just treats space like an ocean and the space ships are just that, ships. That's why they sink through space and explode.

Also I think the effectiveness of suicide attacks are a bit overblown. When people ask why wouldn't the resistance or rebels just do that all the time because it worked so well I just think, why don't people do that all the time in real life. Only the most desperate and extreme groups tend to resort to it so there must be some other factors at play than just pure effectiveness.

Burrman

Oct 25, 2017
I love most of the scenes involving the Falcon for some reason. So hard for me to pick a specific moment honestly.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It's either this...

...or this...

Really have to get around to that Clone Wars rewatch, and then watch Rebels

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Oddly enough for me it’s

and as Luke looks at the Binary Sunset and the music swells and you think about how small his world is right then and what he’s about to embark on...

Enough to make this grown man shed a tear these days.
this moment for me is the definition of what Star Wars Is deep down inside the franchises core