• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Dr. Stone (Anime) [OT] Dawn of a new Stone Age

MrSaturn99

Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
While I didn't get the interview I wanted, I got to meet Dr. Stone's creators in Riichiro Inagaki and Boichi today at AnimeNYC's Shonen Jump panel!! I may do a write-up later if I have time -- been an exhausting day and a Deemo-related interview tomorrow takes priority -- but meeting the guy behind possibly my favorite manga in high school (Eyeshield 21) was just too cool.

Starstruck as I was by that, though, I was more surprised at how soft-spoken Boichi was -- the guy's just too humbling for words. (Both Inagaki and Dr. Stone's editor couldn't stop gushing over his art; by the way, it takes him ONE HOUR just to draw one page, which is insanely fast for a manga artist!)

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, that's awesome that you got to meet them.
I'm impressed with Boichi's skills. No wonder he was able to do another manga alongside Dr. Stone for a while (I think he ended it). Plus he's doing that spin-off running alongside it.

I've seen speculation that the anime will end at Chapter 60 of the manga. Hopefully Season 2 announcement along with the ending.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
So I love this show. Probably my favorite anime currently airing.

Should I watch Eyesheild 21? I've had it in my queue on CR for a year now.

OP
OP
RochHoch

RochHoch

May 22, 2018
So I love this show. Probably my favorite anime currently airing.

Should I watch Eyesheild 21? I've had it in my queue on CR for a year now.
I'd recommend reading Eyeshield 21 instead of watching it.

The anime is super lackluster production value-wise and it doesn't even finish the series, whereas the manga has some killer art from One Punch Man's Yusuke Murata and obviously contains the whole story. Sure, Dr Stone isn't great either in terms of animation, but its not nearly as action-centric as E21, so it isn't as big a flaw.

It's easily one of my favorite manga series ever, can't recommend it enough.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Senku didn't think about making wine, either.
TBF. Once he was out of the starting zone, there was no need for him to have Wine until the very end of the process for making the sulfa-drug. Upon which point It was too late to start the brewing process. In any case, it was right across the bridge and there is no doubt that Chrome, Kohaku or even Kaseki wouldn't have been able to just go in and gotten some on their own anyhow.

If they had a river nearby, why settle for that dumb manual thing anyway? Even the biggest idiot would have thought about a waterwheel. It makes no sense that Senku didn't.
As for the water wheel, they were on a time crunch up until now. Remember they went right up against the time limit of the tournament. It was only after all was said and done -after they had a huge workforce and tools ready to work with- were two critical members of the team able to find some free time to get it built. Simply put, there was just no need for it at the time when the manual generator worked just fine and got the job done in an afternoon.