• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Dr. Stone (Anime) [OT] Dawn of a new Stone Age

OP
OP
RochHoch

RochHoch

May 22, 2018
Senku getting married and then calling for a divorce five seconds later before just fucking off with all the booze is the exact moment that he became one of my favorite Shounen MCs out there. The fact that he won a tournament by doing next to nothing makes it even better lol

Rushersauce

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, thus starts the funniest arc.

Also, the Boichi's hentai pedigree leaked into the anime aswell, lol.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
I just love that Kohaku protects Senku. I just love the MC so much. Vulnerable Senku is great.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I knew Senku will win the tournament somehow.
I was ready to raise my hand when it happened

but the divorce twist. put me back

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
You know, early on in the anime, I figured that this flashback arc would mark the end of the season.

Here we learn the truth about the village: it was started by six people who were in space when everyone was turned to stone. There are probably two major questions about that, one of which does get answered later, and the other which gets glossed over.

I think they added a bunch of scenes on the space station, which I don't mind. The contrast between the Japanese speaking and the English singing by a completely different voice was pretty jarring, lol.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
There’s no reason to hide Byakuya’s face in beginning. When it was revealed is like a big whoop. Viewers already knew he’s Senku’s dad.

NASA must be strap for cash for Taylor Swift Lillian up there

Oct 25, 2017

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
So...Senku's probably distantly related to everyone in the village. But everyone else in the village is even more related to everyone else in the village, hehe.

Oct 25, 2017
Senku being adopted did cause a little controversy when those chapters came out.
Really though, it's been 3700 years. It doesn't matter at this point.

The final scenes were damn effective... the music for this series is just so good.

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I guess that does open up the possibility of Senku getting romantically involved with one of the villagers in the future without the distant relation complication...but Senku is only hard for science.
I think the same. Tbh considering how Senku heavily resembles Byakuya, i’m thinking this might be a last minute decision. Probably to not kill the chances of pairing Senku with Kohaku in the finale, typical shonen stuff.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess that does open up the possibility of Senku getting romantically involved with one of the villagers in the future without the distant relation complication...but Senku is only hard for science.
They are so far off from him as relatives that it probably wouldn't matter.

The editor likely had the writer change it though.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they look related, so either the author changed his mind or the Shonen Jump editors made him change his mind.

NHarmonic.

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I actually thought Ruri’s mom was the singer, and there were some shenanigans regarding the space crew.

This twist is more dramatic and heartbreaking :(

Gridman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing some of the children made it off that island if the show is taking place in what used to be Japan. With 3,700 years of reproduction, there could be a sizable amount of people in other parts of the world if they did eventually leave the island.

OP
OP
RochHoch

RochHoch

May 22, 2018
I really have to wonder where they're going to end this season.

No way are we reaching the end of this next arc with only seven episodes left, and there's no good stopping point until then, so I would imagine that we're looking at episode 24 being a non-finale that would likely come along with an announcement for Season 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, some of the criticism this series gets is just dumb.
"IT'S NOT ACCURATE HERE'S MY OBSCURE REASONS" Thanks for showing you have a massive stick up your ass.

OP
OP
RochHoch

RochHoch

May 22, 2018
Man, some of the criticism this series gets is just dumb.
"IT'S NOT ACCURATE HERE'S MY OBSCURE REASONS" Thanks for showing you have a massive stick up your ass.
Yeah, it's pretty dumb.

Like, the series tipped it's hand when Tsukasa punched a lion. The show isn't realistic, and that's perfectly fine because it's still fun and informative.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty dumb.

Like, the series tipped it's hand when Tsukasa punched a lion. The show isn't realistic, and that's perfectly fine because it's still fun and informative.
I never really thought about this before, but orrr when Senku could literally count hundreds of billion seconds or whatever to know what year it was.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I for one cannot wait to see your reaction to the later stuff, if you haven't read the manga that is. It goes places you wouldn't fucking believe.

Really liking the adaptation, its handling the material really well. Easily one of the best Shonen of this decade.
I haven't read it. Senku straight facing "We're gonna make cellphones" is some Giorno Giovanna "Why steal one car when you can steal 100" levels of crazy. It's great.