Crisis on Earth X is the best Arrowverse crossover

Sep 14, 2019
Crisis on Earth X was a better Justice League movie then the actual movie. It was written fairly well, paced well, the story made sense, it had good villains, great fight scenes and was just entertaining.

The only thing I didn’t like about COEX is the treatment of Reverse Flash. Like he’s just there to be there and has no motivation and his personality this time was weird. It was like Tom was mixing him and Matt together. It also didn’t make sense why he’d work with Nazi’s but whatever.

Crisis on Infinite Earths was fun and entertaining but it has issues. It was poorly written, poorly paced, barley none of it made sense, wasn’t satisfying, Anti Monitor sucked as a villain, none of the action scenes were special, Flash vanishing was done terribly and personally I didn’t like what they did with Green Arrow. This crossover was held up by its chemistry from the actors and the fan service.

Elseworlds was ok. Invasion was pretty good for its time and the first crossover was fun. But ultimately I think Crisis on Earth X was the best crossover in the Arrowverse.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
In all honesty I've watched them all and I cannot remember exactly which on I think was better but I was definitely underwhelmed by COIE in the story department. Outside of the extreme fan service the rest kinda fell flat.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah no. Infinite Earths is the GOAT

I still roll my eyes when you find out that the villains are just the normal heroes but as Nazis. And pretty much every interaction with Evil Ollie and Evil Kara was hard to watch.

Honestly I think the two biggest redeeming qualities are Reverse Flash and the final fight scene where you get your first real “Avengers circle” type moment with all these heroes.

They’re all better than the alien crossover though lol

Slayven

1000% Demon King
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk the best teamup to me was the OG one, Barry and Kara. It felt so natural and they had good chemistry. That and it was time when Barry was still likable

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The swerve they did with the death of the flash was way better than whatever people wanted. It was the most obvious out that I’m glad they took.

Parenegade

Oct 25, 2017
You're 100% right. Last year's and this year's were cool but not Earth X level. Thing about Earth X is that it was very focused while the last 2 crossovers have been kind of a blur.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence / Boston
The Flash vanishing was handled brilliantly. Obviously they weren't going to kill Grant off. Instead, we got a very well done death for an OG DC TV hero.

It definitely has flaws but I think it's 100% impossible to do CoIE on TV without a number of flaws. It's too ambitious. And yet, they still largely pulled it off.

I might like Earth X a little more overall but CoIE was nearly as great.

G_Shumi

Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Personally, my favorite is Invasion! because of how well and seamless Team Arrow were captured and were able to have that giant reunion with past and present cast members for tie-in 100th episode of Arrow. It was so well done on a technical level.

OP
OP
Reverse-Flash2024
Sep 14, 2019
The Flash vanishing was handled brilliantly. Obviously they weren't going to kill Grant off. Instead, we got a very well done death for an OG DC TV hero.

It definitely has flaws but I think it's 100% impossible to do CoIE on TV without a number of flaws. It's too ambitious. And yet, they still largely pulled it off.

I might like Earth X a little more overall but CoIE was nearly as great.
Eh they should’ve saved this Crisis for 2024 so they could’ve done the original story and had Barry sacrifice himself as the ending to his character.

I don’t get why they rushed it to now. I see Barry as the Iron Man of the Arrowverse so I was hoping he’d get his Iron Man ending.

G_Shumi

Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Eh they should’ve saved this Crisis for 2024 so they could’ve done the original story and had Barry sacrifice himself as the ending to his character.

I don’t get why they rushed it to now.
Do you think The Flash will still be on in 2024? It's already in its sixth season and, while I get that it is The CW's most popular show, having it go for 4-5 more years seems very excessive.

OP
OP
Reverse-Flash2024
Sep 14, 2019
Do you think The Flash will still be on in 2024? It's already in its sixth season and, while I get that it is The CW's most popular show, having it go for 4-5 more years seems very excessive.
I do think it will because it’s only 4 years from now and Grant wants to continue. There’s still a lot of stories for them to do. They had the perfect ending set up for Barry and then gave it to Oliver for some reason.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence / Boston
There is no way to know if enough of these shows will be on in 2024 to have the same impact, especially Flash.

I see Barry as the Iron Man of the Arrowverse so I was hoping he’d get his Iron Man ending.
I mean, you might like Barry more but this is factually wrong. Ollie is the Iron Man of the Arrowverse. There's a reason it's not the Barryverse.

I do think it will because it’s only 4 years from now and Grant wants to continue.
Amell wanted to continue 4 years ago too. And he did. For 4 years.

It is more likely than not that Flash will be done in 4 years.

They had the perfect ending set up for Barry and then gave it to Oliver for some reason.
I find it hard to believe you don't understand why this is the case.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Did you really make a thread to secretly moan more about them not following the newspaper/the Reverse Flash tease from last year?

Luigi87

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk the best teamup to me was the OG one, Barry and Kara. It felt so natural and they had good chemistry. That and it was time when Barry was still likable
Hard to believe there was a time when that was a thing.
But then the show runners realized that oh yeah, he's supposed to be Barry Allen.

OP
OP
Reverse-Flash2024
Sep 14, 2019
Did you really make a thread to secretly moan more about them not following the newspaper/the Reverse Flash tease from last year?
Nah but I forgot to include that. There was much bigger things wrong with Crisis than those 2.
You do understand why they gave it to Oliver, right?
Yeah I do but why this one. Why COIE which was Barry’s story in the comics. Why not just let Oliver have his own sacrifice? Oliver’s sacrifice felt wasted since Anti Monitor returned for some reason right after he stopped him.

Crisis on Earth X had the better death scene.

OP
OP
Reverse-Flash2024
Sep 14, 2019
Crisis on Earth X had the better death scene imo. It was set up better, executed better and wasn’t wasted in the end. Plus it was more emotional.

LMAO. That's really what this is.
Obviously you can’t read as I didn’t even mention RF not being in a Crisis or all that. I just pointed out the issues with Crisis and why COEX was better.

My actual point was that Crisis on Earth X is the best Arrowverse crossover and a better Justice League movie than Justice League.

Last edited:

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Obviously you can’t read as I didn’t even mention RF not being in a Crisis or all that. I just pointed out the issues with Crisis and why COEX was better.

My actual point was that Crisis on Earth X is the best Arrowverse crossover and a better Justice League movie than Justice League.
Hey, I thought COIE was a letdown too. Not disagreeing there.