• An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 1 day, 1 hour, 11 minutes, 48 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

CLIMATE CRISIS SUMMIT LIVE: Bernie, AOC, Naomi

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Today's event in Des Moines is specifically billed as a "Climate Crisis Summit" by the Sanders campaign, and is likely to feature extensive discussion of the Green New Deal, the landmark legislation to address climate change and overhaul the country's energy industry, introduced in Congress by Ocasio-Cortez and endorsed by Sanders as part of his environmental protection platform.

Happening right now
Link

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
“I refuse to accept the choice of leaving a planet that is diminished and dying to the next generation," says @AOC at @BernieSanders' Climate Crisis Summit in Des Moines, IA
What it comes down to. This isn't a tomorrow problem. We've been treating it like tomorrow's problem for 3 decades and now we're proverbially staring down the barrel of a gun attached to an armed nuke. It's obviously not working and our predicament will literally get worse as we pass through tipping point after tipping point.

kittens

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad to see a strong progressive force entering the American mainstream a little bit more. If this trend ever converges with the developing project of libertarian municipalism, I think we might have a chance to actually survive on this planet.

Tetrinski

May 17, 2018
Naomi Klein might very well be the smartest, best informed person in the planet, you should all do as she says.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very happy that these people are taking climate change seriously, but none of those people support Nuclear Energy which is necessary to combat climate change. Obviously moving to 100% renewables should be the goal, but when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow we need a consistent source of clean energy and Nuclear power is the only way to achieve that.