Christian pastor who thought COVID-19 is just ‘mass hysteria’ is among the first in Virginia to die from virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
How big a deal was this guy? Like, "piss on his grave, fuck his family, society is saved now that he's gone" or "he shared some weird shit on Facebook?"
Well, apparently he was a figure of influence in a community that was already primed to be gullible, which makes his nonsense much more dangerous during a pandemic than the average unknown yahoo ranting on Facebook.

Not that that's worth a death sentence. It just makes his passing from the virus he tried to downplay a kind of poetic cautionary tale.

Fercho

Nov 3, 2017
How big a deal was this guy? Like, "piss on his grave, fuck his family, society is saved now that he's gone" or "he shared some weird shit on Facebook?"
For his community and listeners? He had the potential to do great damage and his irresponsible message could lead to more contagion and I'm being nice because I assume he didn't because he is now dead.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Wait what? Where would he get the idea that "the pandemic was the result of “mass hysteria” from the media."

how could he possibly think that? I just don't know.

Fat4all

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
here
Wait what? Where would he get the idea that "the pandemic was the result of “mass hysteria” from the media."

how could he possibly think that? I just don't know.
"THE CALL IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE COUNTRY, I REPEAT, THE CALL IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE COUNTRY, GET OUT OF THERE, HE'S INSIDE THE (white) HOUSE"

Mercurial

Oct 27, 2017
What is this thread, celebrating that someone died? I dunno, guys.
People looked to this man for guidance and likely endangered their lives and the lives of their families because he blithely rejected the scientific evidence of just how much of a threat COVID-19 was, is, and will continue to be.

Good riddance. His passing will be a wake up call to the people he misinformed.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to muster empathy for someone willingly lacking common sense, being anti-science, licking Trump's taint, and believing in magic sky-people.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love the hand wringing because people here aren't broken up about a guy who basically killed himself and in the process probably did the same to many other gullible people.

Violence Jack

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry for his loved ones, but I feel no sympathy over Trumper nutbags kicking the bucket who puts out messages which I'm sure has lead to people still not taking this crisis seriously.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta love the hand wringing because people here aren't broken up about a guy who basically killed himself and in the process probably did the same to many other gullible people.
Not being broken up the guy died is fine, but memes and jokes about someone's death is just being gross, regardless of his dumb choices. We can seriously be better than that.

Oct 29, 2017
Look, I don't care if people believe in god and his power to protect them, but people still need to use some god damn common sense and still protect themselves from potential danger. I hope people like him who are still healthy and alive learn from this and wake the hell up.
This! I’m praying for that guy’s family. And I’m praying for his followers who may have followed this pastors lead. I’m not going to celebrate someone’s death, however. This guy made an foolish decision that cost him his life. Hopefully others don’t follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.