Call of Duty WWII loot boxes drop from sky, open in front of other players

Daffy Duck

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
/Activate conspiracy theory mode

Notice this is the only video Activision doesn't take down, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
The variants in Black Ops 3 were the most worthless in the game - they barely change how your gun appears - I can't say I ever tell when people have them in killcams.

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
I was worried how present day Call of Duty and the second world war would mesh and "loot boxes landing on Normandy Beach" doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

OP
OP
Gossi

Gossi

Oct 26, 2017
I was worried how present day Call of Duty and the second world war would mesh and "loot boxes landing on Normandy Beach" doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
Having 48 players in one area opening loot boxes is going be like being at Tesco. Checkout number 4 please..

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the gif masters to turn those videos in some kind of parody.

Dust

Oct 25, 2017
In a few years opening lootboxes will be the "main game" while actual gameplay will be a bonus.

Computer

Oct 31, 2017
Scotland
Weirdly, this looks a lot more lackluster then I imagined it would. They could've done so much more with huge flare effects and smoke among a few things to make them appear visually cooler and more satisfying.
I bet if there's "legendary" loot in the crate, it does big effects. Just a guess but that's how a lot of other loot box systems do it

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
"I will never forget the sight.
Ships as far as the eye could see, all the way out to the horizon.
Thousands of men, ten thousands even, all across the beach. Some were still cleaning up the scrap and bodies from the fight 3 days prior.
The tank traps the Germans had set up had mostly been dismantled, the few that remained were still dark red with the blood of our fellow soldiers.
So many had lost their lives here, all to take this beach, all to secure what would be our way into Europe to free the people of Nazi rule.
Here we stood then. 48 men. We started with a 150 and this is who remained. Two third gone in the blink of an eye. Everyone knew those wouldn't be the last casualties before Berlin.
It was cold. Everything was. The wind, the sea, the souls of our fellow men. Even with this 'victory' morale was mixed.
So O'Malley decided to do something to cheer up the boys. He gathered everyone around and told them to watch.
He took his lucky dollar, an old coin he got from his pops and always carried in his breast pocket, and threw it in the air. Everyone's eyes followed as it flipped higher and higher, not showing any signs of stopping. It seemed like it wanted to reach the clouds themselves.
Then it vanished.
And out of thin air, the men gasping at the sudden appearance, a huge crate appeared and plummeted to the ground.
A loud THUD as it smashed into the ground, sand thrown into the faces of the soldiers closest to its' landing spot.
'Watch this!' O'Malley shouted as he approached the crate. The lid suddenly swung open and what can only be described as thunderous music played from seemingly all around us. Out of the crate three giant cards or posters appeared and hung in the air, each showing a picture.
'Check out what I got boys! Come closer! Come closer!' O'Malley screamed joyously.
He suddenly held an unfamiliar rifle in his hands, maybe German made going by the design, and was busy attaching a colorful new grip to it.
Then he turned to everyone and saluted. I had never seen a man salute the way he did. It was a powerful salute, a salute to freedom, a salute to the brave men in front of him and to the call of duty that all of us had followed to this forsaken beach.
We all cheered and saluted him back, but none seemed to get it right quite the same way he did.

Two days later I found his shiny grip lying in a puddle in the middle of a muddy French road. I felt compelled to pick it up and keep it but it seemed to be out of reach to me. I just couldn't pick it up. So I left it there. But I'll never forget that one moment in time when I saw him pull that thing out of that magic crate."

- From the Memoirs of John A.C. Tivision, WW2 Veteran
GOLD

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
wow 48 players? and from what I've read there's a firing range and a place to 1v1 people. Makes destiny's tower look like a studio apartment.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
This is what it feels like when you’re in the bathroom and someone walks in on you. Can’t a man just open his loot boxes in peace ?

Computer

Oct 31, 2017
Scotland
I remember reading in History books at school about the platoon of soldiers who fought wearing neon-camo, used Thompsons with Weed leafs stuck to the body and gun-sights that can see enemy heat signatures through walls.

Box

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
One day we'll be the loot boxes, we'll wait patiently in pitch black lobbies, hoping to be bought by the AI so we can drama school the shit out of revealing our contents.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Lootboxes ON THE NORMANDY BEACH how blatantly disgusting and tone deaf can they go.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly there's like rank ceremonies, others get rewarded for spectating, etc.
Sounds so nice compared to Destiny's.
Too bad I despised the Beta
That would be sweet when you prestige you walk up to accept your medal or something in front of everybody. You know people would be dropping loot crates on you lol.

EssCee

Oct 27, 2017
Twitch streamers will be feasting off this

Can’t fault Activision for coming up with this brilliant implementation of micro transactions

hippopotamus

Oct 25, 2017
There should be a game where all of the enemies are different types of loot boxes and crates, and your weapons are all keys and lockpicks.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny gets praise for the social space, CoD gets the hate.

Seems like the ugly step child, I personally like this idea and have no real issue with it. The problem however will come when the ranged weapons start appearing as drop weapons only, hopefully there is a way to earn them like in subsequent games as BO3 was easily the worst system of all the modern CoD's.
Well, I mean

Destiny's social space isn't the location of a real world siege that had over 100,000 casualties. One is tasteless, the other isn't.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
This is the kind of stuff that people who write fake ironic video game news wish they could come up with.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Visually and conceptually, that's so lame. I get that they're sort of leaning into it being over-the-top, but I don't like the result. I don't think I'd enjoy playing this.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
This is incredibly dumb looking, but I also kind of love it in a "what the shit is going on" kind of way.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
As I said in the other thread devoted to this:

I remember when my great grandfather told me about the war when he was still alive - the death, the camaraderie, the loot boxes. Friendships forged in battle that lasted even after D-Day, and epic items that boosted his stats and the power of his guns. Oh, the memories...

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Loot boxes are terrible but it's fascinating to see how everyone tries to up the ante with how it looks.

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
"I will never forget the sight.
Ships as far as the eye could see, all the way out to the horizon.
Thousands of men, ten thousands even, all across the beach. Some were still cleaning up the scrap and bodies from the fight 3 days prior.
The tank traps the Germans had set up had mostly been dismantled, the few that remained were still dark red with the blood of our fellow soldiers.
So many had lost their lives here, all to take this beach, all to secure what would be our way into Europe to free the people of Nazi rule.
Here we stood then. 48 men. We started with 150 and this is who remained. Two third gone in the blink of an eye. Everyone knew those wouldn't be the last casualties before Berlin.
It was cold. Everything was. The wind, the sea, the souls of our fellow men. Even with this 'victory' morale was mixed.
So O'Malley decided to do something to cheer up the boys. He gathered everyone around and told them to watch.
He took his lucky dollar, an old coin he got from his pops and always carried in his breast pocket, and threw it in the air. Everyone's eyes followed as it flipped higher and higher, not showing any signs of stopping. It seemed like it wanted to reach the clouds themselves.
Then it vanished.
And out of thin air, the men gasping at the sudden appearance, a huge crate appeared and plummeted to the ground.
A loud THUD as it smashed into the ground, sand thrown into the faces of the soldiers closest to its' landing spot.
'Watch this!' O'Malley shouted as he approached the crate. The lid suddenly swung open and what can only be described as thunderous music played from seemingly all around us. Out of the crate three giant cards or posters appeared and hung in the air, each showing a picture.
'Check out what I got boys! Come closer! Come closer!' O'Malley screamed joyously.
He suddenly held an unfamiliar rifle in his hands, maybe German made going by the design, and was busy attaching a colorful new grip to it.
Then he turned to everyone and saluted. I had never seen a man salute the way he did. It was a powerful salute, a salute to freedom, a salute to the brave men in front of him and to the call of duty that all of us had followed to this forsaken beach.
We all cheered and saluted him back, but none seemed to get it right quite the same way he did.

Two days later I found his shiny grip lying in a puddle in the middle of a muddy French road. I felt compelled to pick it up and keep it but it seemed to be out of reach to me. I just couldn't pick it up. So I left it there. But I'll never forget that one moment in time when I saw him pull that thing out of that magic crate."

- From the Memoirs of John A.C. Tivision, WW2 Veteran

resident_UA

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This actually looks kind of cool. I never spent a dime on a loot box, so this is just a fun way to open in game loot boxes.