• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Buying stuff at a big discount is weirdly satisfying

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Last week Winco had their halloween candy discounted 25% off, but i noticed they still had a bunch left, so i decided to wait it out and see if there would be deeper cuts next week. This was a big gamble because i was really craving the candy and was afraid they'd run out before i got them cheap. Then this morning i go back, and the candy was 50% off.

Kieli

Oct 28, 2017
Discounts work. Let's say MSRP was $20 and you bought it for $18, you'd be like whatever. But if they jacked up price to 60 dollars and then discounted it to $22, you'd be like, DAYUM $38 savings.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing weird about it. My local grocery store fucked up recently and had the price tag for a 16 pack of Kraft singles under a 72 pack and so I got it for $5 instead of $17; It's the small things in life I guess.

Yaboosh

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I bought 50 pairs of rad soccer cleats for like $75. Now I just have to find somebody willing to pay $30 each for them. In bulk preferably.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Somehow managed to haggle a top-of-the-line tempurpedic down over $1500 from MSRP, still surprised at that one, although I bet the margins are quite high on those.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Just shows how overpriced everything is a retail. The mark ups are criminal. I hate paying retail for anything regardless of price.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I usually pick up a few items during holiday clearances like this. Often candy since i'm hopelessly addicted to sugar. Getting a bag of those halloween M&Ms for 50% off, or even better 75% or more off if you're lucky and they don't sell out within a few days, is nice, sure.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. Luckily my price threshold for random stuff I'm not specifically looking for is extremely low so I don't indulge to much.