BONEWORKS VR | OT | Smashing crates & mechanic headcrabs with crowbar before Half-Life VR. Crowbar is friend.

Evan8192

Aug 27, 2018
I wonder if any reviews will go up when the game goes live, haven't heard of anybody getting review copies

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Lack of reviews and not being able to purchase the game early has me skiddish tbh. Gonna wait and see on this one.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Everything looks great but I'm still not feeling those wireframe humanoid enemies. I know its supposed to all within a virtual reality canonically but with everything else having a realistic physical appearance, those things just look blaringly out of place. Their other enemies (the headcrabs and cyborg zombies) look great.

Also that OT titles a long oof lol could have just made more succinct like |OT| Half Life Also or something
I think in one of the videos mentioned those enemies are meant to be early game fodder, and they're being coy about things later on so I'm at least expecting a few surprises in terms of what you're fighting by the end.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
do we know the size yet? Looking forward to playing this tonight (7pm german time) but if it's huge I might have to wait a little longer till its all downloaded...

Edward

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Lack of reviews and not being able to purchase the game early has me skiddish tbh. Gonna wait and see on this one.
A VR game not getting reviews a day before or day of isn't new and it certainly doesn't mean anything. Most get gameplay or gameplay with impressions from VRuplaod or bigger vr youtubers up to a day before release (something earlier) sometimes reviews early sometime days after.

Bigger titles like Stormland/Asara's Wrath get reviews 1 day early, day of or a few days after depending on outlet and when they get a code and beat it. Literally means nothing in terms of quality when a game gets reviewed in this medium. It's not like Boneworks is a massive company trying to hide reviews until it sells millions of copies.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
its like this with pretty much every VR game not really a say on the quality.

would love to see it become more and more common though to get reviews before release on or on release outside of really big games like Asgards Wrath

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a house a few days ago and just removed the ceiling fan from my new VR space so I won't injure myself when jumping. Just in time for Boneworks! I'm going to eat and watch the Nintendo Indie showcase while it downloads and then will set up my Vive and play.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Launch trailer released too. Be aware there's a lot of new stuff shown but it all looks great. Can't wait to get home!

Karak

Oct 27, 2017
I can’t tell if this is worrisome or just the normal “no one but VR sites review VR games“ thing. But I would’ve thought one of the most hyped VR games of the year would have some reviews by now.
I tried to get code for review but didn't seem to get any returns.

Asgard's Wrath didn't get many and that was a triple A VR game.
To be fair it had a huge number of mock reviews from what I understand.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I'm gonna wait a couple of days for user reviews to hit, got my knuckles ready for it, just wanna see what the users say, since most of the presentations were in a pretty controlled environment.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Atlanta, GA
UploadVR review is precisely what I expected. Amazing sandbox and a passable campaign. Gonna have to hold off personally. I want it, but I feel like it falls under a similar category to Stormlands. Proof of concept with VR's strengths, but nothing to keep me playing beyond a few hours. It's hard for me to keep spending money on that idea (I've done it for 3 years). Will buy it down the line though.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, cheaper than I expected! I thought for sure it's be £30 (29.99) but nope, £23.79. Nice. Installing now.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I know it'll be temporary but always a little fascinated when a VR title jumps to the top of the global sellers list on Steam.

Edit: Defeated by seconds

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
If this game does well it would be... actually not very surprising, since the VR community has been hyped about it for months and the trailers were extremely popular.

arit

Oct 29, 2017
what does the indicatiion look like?
* mus be missing something obvious, since I am not able to force grab the mug...

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
It looks good but I think I'll hold off for awhile, maybe pick it up in a sale. I'm a brand new Rift S owner so I've already got a tonne of VR content to get through already anyway, and judging by reviews it does come across more as tech demo rather than game, which is fine, I just don't think it's 42 AU dollars fine.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
From what I'm reading online you actually have to hold the grip button to hold your weapon in this game. It's not toggle. It's probably not a big deal with the Touch controllers (though still likely get tiresome) but those vive wands, holding that grip button the whole time would be awful.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
The review that said the devs recommend not to play it with motion smoothing means that I may wait on this one till next year as my Index is powered by a 1080 and 6600k processor so motion smoothing does a decent amount of heavy lifting for me in VR!

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
The review that said the devs recommend not to play it with motion smoothing means that I may wait on this one till next year as my Index is powered by a 1080 and 6600k processor so motion smoothing does a decent amount of heavy lifting for me in VR!
I wonder why they recommend turning it off?

From what I'm reading online you actually have to hold the grip button to hold your weapon in this game. It's not toggle. It's probably not a big deal with the Touch controllers (though still likely get tiresome) but those vive wands, holding that grip button the whole time would be awful.
This sounds like an easily patchable problem.

arit

Oct 29, 2017
While one can grab objects by grabbing them, the forcegrab wants to have the trigger pressed down as well!

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing a lot of threads in the Boneworks Steam discussion section about WMR controllers not working at all.

Letters

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have fun everyone!! I’m still overwhelmed by content as a new VR user so I’m in no hurry to play this. Plus I need to get my VR legs first.

It’s 25 euros here instead of a straight conversion to 30, that’s always nice to see.