Babylon's Fall State of Play Trailer

Arta

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna get it because I like the action in Platinum’s games, but man the original character trailer made you think this is going to be some epic shit, and it looks like a budget title, even worse than Nier Automata.

Sanka

Feb 17, 2019
Looked somewhat boring and uninspired. Though maybe the story/setting and the different characters can breathe some life into it.

Seven Force

Nov 30, 2017
Looks kinda bland, to be honest. But I'm the type of dude that would willingly pay $60 for "PlatinumGames Combat Simulator #8", so I guess I'm in.

Brian Damage

Nov 1, 2017
UK
I mean, it's been 1.5 years since the original announcement and we haven't seen anything since until today (right?). We joke about this game at the office being something we just imagined, and I'm sure we're not alone, so Plat/S-E probably made the correct decision to at least show something, although this does detract from the buzz that would have been there heading into E3. It looks really early, and I'm not surprised that they're not going to show anything else again until then. Hopefully it shapes up. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.
Do you think if it's been so long since the announcement and just now the footage we've seen looks pretty early, that means maybe it's had a turbulent development? I've got a gut feeling that it's either been on the back-burner or even been rebooted once or twice.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
problem is the trailer should've been more of an actual trailer.
Like Astral Chain got.

not enough to tell about combat there.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Looks a bit generic, but fun. Hopefully the next 6 months gives some more polish, and we can get more details that make it look more interesting.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Do you think if it's been so long since the announcement and just now the footage we've seen looks pretty early, that means maybe it's had a turbulent development? I've got a gut feeling that it's either been on the back-burner or even been rebooted once or twice.
Maybe, but I watched the trailer again, and it feels like a demo reel made from a vertical slice build (or possibly earlier). There's nothing in there regarding story, UI, other systems, etc. Basically here are a few environment concepts and what the core combat will look like. I don't know if turbulent is the right word, but maybe it's been of lower priority at Platinum with Astral Chain and what I assume is most of the company focused on Bayo 3. Only they know for sure though! :)

stealthyfrog

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
It did BEFORE this trailer where there was just a flashy CG trailer with a bunch of still images of a history of religious wars and political reform and upheaval.
I figured that trailer was just "SE wants us to show something at E3 but we haven't actually started anything yet, quick, ctrl C + ctrl V Wikipedia and draw some pretty art!"

WonderLuigi

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro (BR)
if this is a big ass castle to explore and find secrets, I think it will be dope. it's empty and the trailer was especially shallow, but the premise is there.

anyway boys let's pray for bayonetta 3

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Art style does nothing for me and the combat looks competent but feels recycled from some of their other games. Its sad to say but Platinum seems a bit stale as of late.

Arta

Oct 27, 2017
These guys really need a good publisher like Sony to buy them and give them a proper budget. Hope they don't try to make this open world like Nier Automata cause then we'll be greeted by barren hills everywhere in a drab map.

Samusaran

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of that game that we saw gameplay footage of forgot what's it called looked next gen like a man fighting this big dragon think it's also being made by Platinum not sure

ILikeFeet

Oct 25, 2017
These guys really need a good publisher like Sony to buy them and give them a proper budget. Hope they don't try to make this open world like Nier Automata cause then we'll be greeted by barren hills everywhere in a drab map.
EDIT: didn't see the "buy them" part

fuck that nonsense

Last edited:

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
This somehow looks more boring than the trailer they put out last year that was nothing but motion artwork.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of that game that we saw gameplay footage of forgot what's it called looked next gen like a man fighting this big dragon think it's also being made by Platinum not sure
Project Awakening is CyGames (I think that's what you're referring to?):

It looks soooo much better. That said, the interviews they did surrounding that make it sound like a very confused game, with basic shit not figured out after years of development.
Has to have been. The original trailer ended with a 2019 date... The boss from this footage was actually in that reveal though:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Or no one. Their recent games have been fine without being bought. Astral chain was great outside of the silent protag.
Publishers can just pay for individual games as needed.

Samusaran

Oct 27, 2017
Project Awakening is CyGames (I think that's what you're referring to?):

It looks soooo much better. That said, the interviews they did surrounding that make it sound like a very confused game, with basic shit not figured out after years of development.

Has to have been. The original trailer ended with a 2019 date... The boss from this footage was actually in that reveal though:

Yesssss that was exactly it thank youu I've been looking with many different search terms everywhere couldn't find it I gave up lol

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Unusual aesthetic miss from Platinum, I completely forgot this was announced this morning.

Kawngi

Oct 30, 2017
The look of the game based on the trailer just seems a bit...generic? Something about the combo of the setting of the game and the sound effects feels off too.

Raoh

Oct 27, 2017
I know its early to judge blah blah, but Platinum really doesnt evolve their combat huh

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why they're so obsessed with putting a fantasy game out, especially when it feels like all their fantasy projects are cursed not to get made. Scalebound got cancelled, Astral Chain (intelligently) moved from fantasy to cyberpunk, and now this looking as generic as it does.

Unless the idea for this came from Square instead of PG, in which case shame on Square. It's like the opposite of PG's relationship with Nintendo where they actually receive smart, critical feedback and the games are designed to be as unique as possible instead of chasing another trend.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Looks awful and they also blatantly ripped off the DSD from DMC5 among with other DMC things.
Devil May Cry 5 has so much to it's combat, that it's literally The Simpsons of combat.

But I don't like how the after sword attacks don't seem to come off right. It's like they are trying to do the Devil Sword Dante stuff (see gif) but it just feels stilted and stiff in comparison.

Anyway, I'm rooting for this game. We need more 3rd person action games that aren't Souls clones.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
'straya
I seem to be in the minority here since I like the artstyle. Especially after Astral Chain, it's cool to see a game that's not so blatantly anime and is easier on the eyes. I especially like the use of colour that make the enemies, attack and flora stand out more.

noyram23

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
True unlike Nintendo which is a cheapening them out.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda like the visuals.

The style reminds me of a lot of Top Cow comics stuff.