Babylon's Fall State of Play Trailer

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It looks very uninspired to be honest. But it will be worth it for the battles alone like almost every Platinum Games game. But the artstyle sure is kinda boring.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I was expecting something a lot more groundbreaking and original.
I can totally see this being ported to Switch easily.

cowbanana

Feb 2, 2018
Traveling without moving
That's a pretty underwhelming trailer... I think I can just about muster cautious optimism if I wear my best positivity hat, but they'll have to show something vastly more interesting to get me on board this one.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Platinum does Dark Souls with Bayonetta and MGR mechanics stitched into it.

Kinda disappointed with the protagonist. Was hoping it would’ve been the blue knight guy from the original trailer.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
The shot at the end with the 4 people could be implying multiple playable characters. I wonder if that means the big draw will be that it's a co-op game?

A fully multiplayer character action game would be awesome, but then it's baffling that they would show it off in the way this trailer does.

ShinobiBk

Dec 28, 2017
So, "more news next summer" = PS5/Scarlett only or coming to current generation consoles as well?

The State of Play announcer didn't mention this as an upcoming "PS4" title, did she?
Nothing in that trailer looked even remotely like it was incapable of running on PS4 but who knows maybe the game will show to be more ambitious at E3

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt like the trailer either, looks incredibly uninspired, but lol at all the platinum haters goin in this thread and saying to people that usually love platinum games and are not liking this:
"See, its text book platinum, its trash like all their other games"

Like, just a thought here, but would, I dunno, a trailer that makes platinum fans think meh, not be actually like the typical platinum game they usually love? or where they blinded with their other games?
Bandwagon of stupidity in its finest form.

And its a pity that after they could master colour in all ther newer games, they decided to go back to their old brown drab bayo 1 days. And even then, apart from colour, bayo 1's artsyle was much more original and inspired.

WarRock

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why this trailer exists. Would've been much better to keep silent about the game until the next E3 and blow out a big (re)reveal showing off characters and unique features/setting.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Count me as underwhelmed by the trailer as well. I'm glad the game is alive, but the aesthetic didn't really do anything for me, and nothing really stood out about the gameplay.

Oct 25, 2017
eh....this looks rough. Maybe is very early, but dosn't look very exciting, specially since it seems Astral Chain does slower paced PG combat way better.

Future Gazer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This does not look good. Super bland character design, bland fantasy setting, same old copy/paste Platinum combat.

It's clear this is a low priority project. Should have just quietly canceled it.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks pretty decent, like a mash up of typical Platinum-esq gameplay with a bit of DmC and a Code Vein aesthetic. Need to see a bit more of the combat, but I'm as hyped as I was when it was first revealed.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks very...early?

Clearly the combat is very DMC inspired.

Really hope it's not a Souls-like.

Looking forward to seeing it improve.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The player character looked about as bland as it gets and doesn't look like anything I would expect or want from either Platinum Games or Square Enix

Combat looked decent but really early.

swaggy

Mar 11, 2018
Looks like Nier automatic tomato combat which people lost their shits over. I guess it doesn't work without a cult following.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The player character looked about as bland as it gets and doesn't look like anything I would expect or want from either Platinum Games or Square Enix

Combat looked decent but really early.
Tbh the character and the art shown at the end made it feel like it might be a multiplayer game where you create your own character, MH style.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
So those four characters in the end, we thinking they are all playable with different play styles?

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me, or does it look like the game just started full development this year? The footage feels like it could be pretty early to me.

Hope the game turns out well, though.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I have a suspicion they will be going for a character creator.
I hate that they did that with Astral Chain and I’ll hate if they do it for this :/

A big part of Character action games are about distinct character designs and extravagant personalities to go along with the insane movesets for me. Character creation just doesn’t fit the genre.

Papercuts

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that they did that with Astral Chain and I’ll hate if they do it for this :/

A big part of Character action games are about distinct character designs and extravagant personalities to go along with the insane movesets for me. Character creation just doesn’t fit the genre.
Not something I'd really want but I think it could work...if they spoke. The problem I had with Astral Chain was that your sibling was a voiced character and you just weren't, which was always awkward on top of making it hard to care at all about your character.

I think BadWolf might be right with the hook of this game being multiplayer. Atleast, there needs to be SOME kind of hook because whatever this is sure doesn't have anything right now.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
That..didn't look interesting in the least. I generally love Platinum Games' stuff, but that trailer really looked bland. Like a low-rent DMC.

Oct 25, 2017
This was underwhelming. Just looked like your typical Platinum hack and slash with bad graphics. It's still early, but that was a bad showing. Felt nothing compared to how Nier Automata immediately struck a chord.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I went to check the first trailer again and it has the same enemy from the end of this trailer. Using your enemies weapons against them seems to be a important mechanic.

hughesta

Oct 25, 2017
I think this'll turn around on people once it gets an info blowout but this trailer was a really bad idea lol

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
A lot of static standing around stun-locking enemies in generic environments with generic music playing. Bad trailer.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean, it's been 1.5 years since the original announcement and we haven't seen anything since until today (right?). We joke about this game at the office being something we just imagined, and I'm sure we're not alone, so Plat/S-E probably made the correct decision to at least show something, although this does detract from the buzz that would have been there heading into E3. It looks really early, and I'm not surprised that they're not going to show anything else again until then. Hopefully it shapes up. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.