• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

AEW Full Gear |OT| Some Real Cowboy Shit (November 9th, 7PM ET/4PM PT on PPV and B/R Live)

Lazybob

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of people seem surprised by Bea vs Baker being on the preshow.

PPV should have more womens matches on the card but Its honestly probably going to be the second worst match of the night (the first being the title match).
Which titlle match? The mens? I doubt Breitt/Bea would be better than that. Same with the other title matches. Only match I think it might be better then is Spears/Janela.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Which titlle match? The mens? I doubt Breitt/Bea would be better than that. Same with the other title matches. Only match I think it might be better then is Spears/Janela.
All of Jericho's matches in AEW have been completely bland to me with the exception of the Darby one which had some fun bullshit due to being a street fight.

Bea and Britt could have some fun spots, not really expecting much from Cody vs Jericho other than it to be about ten or twenty minutes overly long.

Janela will elevate the fuck out of his match. Not worried about that one.

Lazybob

Oct 30, 2017
All of Jericho's matches in AEW have been completely bland to me with the exception of the Darby which had some fun bullshit due to being a street fight.

Bea and Britt could have some fun spots, not really expecting much from Cody vs Jericho other than it to be about ten or twenty minutes overly long.
If anything this is the one Jericho match people shouldn't be worrying about. Jericho has limitations due to his age but fortunately Cody style works best with another wrestler who can do a big match more focused on drama and character work. Things that Jericho is still amazing at and aren't limited by his age. I'm not expecting another Cody/Dustin but this type of match will suit both Cody and Jericho and should be good.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My initial expectation was PnP were going to get the first crack at the titles, but I think the logic is that they aren't going to have the new champs lose in their first defense, and whenever PnP get the shot, they are taking the belts. Hence why they had a pretty easy story to build up Hybrid2- eg they're pissed they were left out of the tournament, new heel persona, they could have had them getting build up from the start of TV to be ready to challenge at the PPV.
Yeah, I assumed they'd get a title match at whenever the next PPV is, and tonight we'd get the tournament finals. I still think that's preferable to the route they decided on as it would mean a longer, more meaningful Lucha Brothers/SCU match, but I do admit I kinda like the novel approach of having a match between the teams that came in first, second and third for their tournament.

TheIlliterati

Oct 28, 2017
I've heard there will be a new set... I hope we get a Charlie Chaplin spot with someone getting smooshed through a system of rotating gears.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If anything this is the one Jericho match people shouldn't be worrying about. Jericho has limitations due to his age but fortunately Cody style works best with another wrestler who can do a big match more focused on drama and character work. Things that Jericho is still amazing at and aren't limited by his age. I'm not expecting another Cody/Dustin but this type of match will suit both Cody and Jericho and should be good.
Guys like Dustin who can work a slow, character based, WWE or oldschool style and still go? Absolutely Cody can work magic with em.

I don't think Jericho can. He has a lot to prove in AEW in the ring. If Cody can get it out of him, thats great, but I wouldn't hold out for it.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I have pretty high expectations from Cody/Jericho. From a work rate perspective, it will not dazzle, but I think it's going to be an awesome spectacle. The more story-driven match with shenanigans plays much better into both of their styles.

As usual, Full Gear figures to have a lot of good variety which is one of AEW's biggest strengths so far.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Alls I'm saying is that on Wednesday Cody and Jericho could barely get Jericho wrenched across Cody's body for his signature twisty headslam thing

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Taking bets on if Havoc will get involved during or after Janela's match.

Think he's just about done playing a nice tweener and about to go full heel.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Jericho has limitations due to his age but fortunately Cody style works best with another wrestler who can do a big match more focused on drama and character work.
Oh I super disagree with this. Cody's best work comes against people who are much better wrestlers than him, list Dustin Rhodes, Omega or Ibushi. Cody overcompensates with overbooking when he's with someone at his level. I'm going into tonight expecting something like his matches with Spears or Aldis.

The one thing going for them is the crowd will be hot for the match because they've done a good job building it up on TV.

TheIlliterati

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it will come up tonight but I think its interesting that both Cody and Jericho have had matches with Darby Allin and couldn't put him away normally. Yet he's not on the card at all. I would hope this plays out further.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I don't think it will come up tonight but I think its interesting that both Cody and Jericho have had matches with Darby Allin and couldn't put him away normally. Yet he's not on the card at all. I would hope this plays out further.
A little surprising since they clearly think highly of him. Also sort of refreshing in that they're not just forcing everybody on to the card. It's a tighter PPV card and makes it seem like a bigger deal to be on PPV.

One thing I hope for post-Full Gear is more storyline for guys like Allin, Janela, Havoc, etc now that they'll have a few months until the next PPV. They've done a solid job establishing them as wrestlers but not enough as characters. Same thing with the women.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Good Bea Priestley promo video responding to Britt Baker. Makes fun of her being a dentist and basically says Britt isn’t committed enough because wrestling is just something she does in her free time. And that she would have been perfect for pro wrestling five years ago, but can’t hang now.

Really looking forward to this match.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Dave doesn't want them to use staplers and light tubes in the lights out match.

Go to hell, Dave. I have one dream and its to get to see somebody get V-Triggered in the face while holding a light tube. You're not taking this away from me.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Good Bea Priestley promo video responding to Britt Baker. Makes fun of her being a dentist and basically says Britt isn’t committed enough because wrestling is just something she does in her free time. And that she would have been perfect for pro wrestling five years ago, but can’t hang now.

Really looking forward to this match.
Case in point. They do such a good job with these vignettes. Moving forward, I hope they make more time for this kind of thing on TV. Each of these videos lasted 2-3 minutes and do an awesome job of putting together all the pieces of this build. This seems wasted potential to drop this the day of the event as an internet video.

Jan 10, 2018
Darby is great, super over and I don't expect him at Full Gear. They don't even have a storyline for him, a title or anything.

The PPV is good as it is(women deserved better buildup, but with Shida getting into the groove, Kong obviously showing up soon, there is some hope) and Darby doesn't need to be there. Makes wrestlers actually feel more special if they don't have matches in sake of having one.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Another part of the conference call referenced the women and said that they’ve taken a long time getting work permits/Visas cleared and that because their division is so international, it’s more difficult but now they’ve got a solid core that can legally work, and they will put more of a focus on the division “right after Full Gear.” Cody made it sound like there would be more than one segment per episode and like we basically ain’t seen nothing yet.

I’m pumped.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Case in point. They do such a good job with these vignettes. Moving forward, I hope they make more time for this kind of thing on TV. Each of these videos lasted 2-3 minutes and do an awesome job of putting together all the pieces of this build. This seems wasted potential to drop this the day of the event as an internet video.

The videos are so well done. Whoever is in charge of editing them or whatever, keep it up. They should have videos like this weekly on dynamite or before certain people’s matches. It gets me invested in the matchup and makes me care about both people involved. Maybe if we yell at them on Twitter about it enough, they’ll get the point.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Another part of the conference call referenced the women and said that they’ve taken a long time getting work permits/Visas cleared and that because their division is so international, it’s more difficult but now they’ve got a solid core that can legally work, and they will put more of a focus on the division “right after Full Gear.” Cody made it sound like there would be more than one segment per episode and like we basically ain’t seen nothing yet.

I’m pumped.
Nice.

Give Big Swole the rocket.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Cody vs Jericho is the most "I have no idea how this ends" match in recent memory. Jericho hasn't been champion for long enough, is GREAT in the role, but Cody is so white-hot right now and has a stip that it's his only shot. Because this is AEW and not WWE, i expect a finish that makes sense and is statisfying

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019

I’m pumped.
Maybe I'm just too blind in my AEW faith, but I'm not sure why people ever expected anything but this. With the care they've put into the men's singles and tags, I don't know why you would expect they were going to let the women's wrestling remain in such a messy state. Especially with Kenny so involved with it.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Maybe if we yell at them on Twitter about it enough, they’ll get the point.
One thing I wonder is that probably the things we discuss here and in similar forums get back to these guys because they're clearly pretty internet savvy and connected. They've been so quick to respond to common criticisms so far so I don't think this will be any different.

I get not wanting the show to be bogged down by people talking and other non-wrestling things, but like I said, these videos are relatively short but pack such a huge punch. They're absolutely perfect to splice into their preferred style of constant action.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Maybe I'm just too blind in my AEW faith, but I'm not sure why people ever expected anything but this. With the care they've put into the men's singles and tags, I don't know why you would expect they were going to let the women's wrestling remain in such a messy state. Especially with Kenny so involved with it.
For sure. I'm very curious to see how it all shakes out. I hope that whatever they end up doing, they'll pull it off with flying colours and that it will also result in ratings.

SugarDave

Oct 26, 2017
And that's my first ever wrestling PPV ordered. Gonna grab a quick hour or two of sleep as I'm watching from the UK with work tomorrow but I'm excited and ready for this!

Jun 14, 2019
they probs soured on darby considering just recently he said he doesnt care too much about wrestling and wants to get out soon as to start directing with films n stuff

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Dave doesn't want them to use staplers and light tubes in the lights out match.

Go to hell, Dave. I have one dream and its to get to see somebody get V-Triggered in the face while holding a light tube. You're not taking this away from me.
Yeah, there's no way they'd allow light tubes in or around ring side, the liability risks are way too high. They probably also don't want to do anything that might bring too much negative attention to them from state officials.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, there's no way they'd allow light tubes in or around ring side, the liability risks are way too high. They probably also don't want to do anything that might bring too much negative attention to them from state officials.
They've built the match up so much in terms of it being a brutal hardcore match, showing mox's CZW days etc. so i expect something pretty insane

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They've built the match up so much in terms of it being a brutal hardcore match, showing mox's CZW days etc. so i expect something pretty insane
They showed some of this stuff as well before the unsanctioned match mox had with joey janela, but they went as far as the barbed wire and thumbtacks so I expect that at least. They better use that broom though lol.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was at the first TV show, I'm excited to be here for this PPV. Really making the DMV feel like a big wrestling area (it is but it feels overlooked with PA to the north and everything else south of us). Excited to see Mox vs Omega the most and also happy to finally see Janela live.

Jun 14, 2019
Really. You got a link to that?

Yup it don't sound good

“I was like, ‘I’m not even interested.’ I’m not the type of guy who wants to sit on the sidelines and say, ‘Gee, I’m just happy to be in WWE.’ I don’t give a f*ck. My whole thing is I want to get out of wrestling sooner than later and go into film full time and direct my films.” Allin continued by stating that he always wanted to direct and now that he has more of a following, he thinks fans will check out his films even if they don’t know what it’s about.