• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

AEW Full Gear |OT| Some Real Cowboy Shit (November 9th, 7PM ET/4PM PT on PPV and B/R Live)

pazinyo

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I just wanna point out that it is Jericho’s birthday today and that kinda makes me want Jericho to lose so we can have Jericho cutting promos about how he lost on his birthday.

My predictions:

Bea, Spears, SCU, Riho, PAC, Bucks, Moxley, Jericho

Can’t have all the heels winning, can’t have all the Elite winning, can’t have all the Circle winning.

No surprise debuts and no-one from Elite/Circle will turn heel/face because it’s too soon to do it.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I decided to call in from work today cause it was just one of those days were I just wasn't feeling it and decided to stay home which is good cause now I can watch Full Gear from the start and not watch it later on record.

plagiarize

To its ports I have been
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Long term story telling brain tells me the Circle stand tall tonight. They've been reading friction amongst the Elite, so you can have Page or Omega win if you don't want them to go 0-4 tonight but I like the idea of the Inner Circle getting in the Elites head... Them internally fighting a bit before eventually getting on the same page and triumphing.

That said, long term storytelling brain told me Spears was going over Cody at All Out, so not sure we should really listen to it.

Last edited:

coy

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna point out that it is Jericho’s birthday today and that kinda makes me want Jericho to lose so we can have Jericho cutting promos about how he lost on his birthday.

My predictions:

Bea, Spears, SCU, Riho, PAC, Bucks, Moxley, Jericho

Can’t have all the heels winning, can’t have all the Elite winning, can’t have all the Circle winning.

No surprise debuts and no-one from Elite/Circle will turn heel/face because it’s too soon to do it.
Except for PnP/Bucks, I'm thinking along the same lines including having no debut or turn tonight. If this pans out, though, that means there'd be no title change which isn't a bad thing as maybe that's just antiquated thinking to expect at least one on a PPV.

Seeing The Elite all lose should help set up the eventual stable victory over Inner Circle down the line while maybe sprinkling dissension when it comes to Page. I'd also like to see Moxley and PAC feuding for top contender for the title moving forward with Mox being the one to end the reign of Le Champion.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I can see Hager and Sammy helping PnP win. Build them up as contenders to face SCU. Then in the future you could have the Bucks be in SCU's corner so PnP can't cheat to beat them.

pazinyo

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Except for PnP/Bucks, I'm thinking along the same lines including having no debut or turn tonight. If this pans out, though, that means there'd be no title change which isn't a bad thing as maybe that's just antiquated thinking to expect at least one on a PPV.

Seeing The Elite all lose should help set up the eventual stable victory over Inner Circle down the line while maybe sprinkling dissension when it comes to Page. I'd also like to see Moxley and PAC feuding for top contender for the title moving forward with Mox being the one to end the reign of Le Champion.
I’m going with the Bucks because they’ve not won much lately, and if you beat someone too much then eventually beating them becomes worthless.

Out of all the titles I could only see the tag titles changing hands, maybe they decide they should’ve gone to Lucha Bros or maybe they have Daniels return and he accidentally or otherwise costs SCU the titles. I think its too early for character turns though.

I think SCU retains, I think AEW will have seen the reaction to the title match last week and the finish and this Full Gear match will basically be a redo but SCU will go over clean and decisive this time.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Bit of a bummer, but I'm not too heart broken about it. Probably won't be able to watch Full Gear until late Sunday. I have plans with friends tonight to see Doctor Sleep. Then I work all Sunday. :(

Have fun marking out in the thread, folks! Hope the show exceeds expectations.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
The Preshow starts at 12 AM

The main card starts at 1 AM.
Thanks. I thought I'd heard it was a little earlier. No bother, I'll just watch it first thing on Sunday. It's ace having ppvs on a Saturday night for us non US folks. We don't have to go to work on Monday and try and avoid spoilers like with WWE ppv's.

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018
Thanks. I thought I'd heard it was a little earlier. No bother, I'll just watch it first thing on Sunday. It's ace having ppvs on a Saturday night for us non US folks. We don't have to go to work on Monday and try and avoid spoilers like with WWE ppv's.
Uk here. I still have to go a day without spoilers as can’t watch until kids gone to bed Sunday night. But, yes, it’s better than Wwe ppvs. For many reasons.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Same story here tbh. GMT +5 which means it starts at 6 AM which is not the best time to be getting up on a Sunday lol.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
B/R Live question, for those who've done it before-

I can't watch this live, and was going to order it, but the copy on the event page says "event only". Is it only for the live event, or does it include replays/on demand? I'm assuming it's a one-time only viewing.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
B/R Live question, for those who've done it before-

I can't watch this live, and was going to order it, but the copy on the event page says "event only". Is it only for the live event, or does it include replays/on demand? I'm assuming it's a one-time only viewing.
It includes unlimited replays on demand. Or at least that’s how it’s been for every AEW event on B/R Live so far

Scotty

Nov 6, 2017
I was at the dc show and will be in baltimore tonight. I havent been to 2 wrestlings shows in the last 5 years combined. So excited.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'll be able to watch this live with you guys. I hate commitments.. lol

Somnia

Oct 25, 2017
Man I am so hyped... the Countdown to Full Gear was amazing. I didn't know a lot about Santana/Ortiz honestly and that promo really sold them on me.

The Cody/Jericho promo during AEW DARK last night (30 minutes in) was one of the best promos I've seen in ages.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the Riho/Sakura match is last minute and very rushed. They could have built this up a lot more ahead of time or going into the next PPV. But they could’ve spent more time showing the teacher/student angle and made it more personal. Rather than some random mentions of it on Dynamite.

And yeah, the Countdown to Full Gear video on YouTube is highly recommended. Feels like a documentary style video with the narration and it’s awesome. I hope they do every PPV countdown video just like this.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Are you guys ready for some sweet outlaw mudshow bullshit in Mox vs Omega?

Five stars from Dave Meltzer, cardiac arrest from Jim Cornette.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I feel like the Riho/Sakura match is last minute and very rushed. They could have built this up a lot more ahead of time or going into the next PPV. But they could’ve spent more time showing the teacher/student angle and made it more personal. Rather than some random mentions of it on Dynamite.
It's a bit puzzling to me that they didn't have a little more urgency in building that match up. I don't think Sakura was available to them the first few weeks of Dynamite but they had enough time to set the match earlier and lay some more of the narrative groundwork because there's a cool story there.

I feel like the women's and tag title matches are somewhat afterthoughts. Both should be fun matches but predictable. I'm not sure why they didn't build a non-tournament tag team (eg Hybrid2) as title contenders in waiting after the tourny ended, instead of rehashing the runner-ups.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They're a lot of matches with undercooked build ups.

Like I keep saying, Dynamite needs to have more than just match after match after match and then one or two segment to build to an AEW title match.

They've got to spread the love more. It doesn't have to be WWE where it feels like they're in a rush to get to storyline bullshit or someone to cut a promo but its too one sided right now with a roster thats under established outside the ring.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Page is the only one that loses, I bet.

silkysmooth

Oct 25, 2017
Just about every match feels important.

Just about every match has had a believable build that makes me interested, even if the stakes aren't always high.

WWE I zone out during half the show. This will have my full attention throughout.

Can't wait.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
They're a lot of matches with undercooked build ups.

Like I keep saying, Dynamite needs to have more than just match after match after match and then one or two segment to build to an AEW title match.

They've got to spread the love more. It doesn't have to be WWE where it feels like they're in a rush to get to storyline bullshit or someone to cut a promo but its too one sided right now with a roster thats under established outside the ring.
I imagine that's something that should happen more organically when we have a longer amount of time until the next PPV. 4 PPVs in a year (assuming they're all at an equal amount of time after one another) means that that's about 3 months of TV before each PPV.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Also PAC needs to beat Hangman clean this time.

Establish that he only used the low blow last time becuase he's an asshole and he can.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I imagine that's something that should happen more organically when we have a longer amount of time until the next PPV. 4 PPVs in a year (assuming they're all at an equal amount of time after one another) means that that's about 3 months of TV before each PPV.
Yeah. It's more they put themselves into a crunch situation by only giving themselves a month of TV to build to this PPV while also having to put their best foot forward in introducing their new product and competing with NXT. I expect they're going to slow the pace and dip into the roster depth more after Full Gear.

I actually think overall the build has been pretty strong for the PPV, it's just the tag title and women title matches that didn't get a lot of attention for whatever reason. Cody/Jericho and Omega/Moxley have had awesome builds IMO. Pac/Page has been developing for months, Bucks/PnP started at All Out, Bea/Britt started building months ago, even the Janela/Spears had the first seeds planted 2-3 weeks ago.

Well they kinda did, it's just that team got the Young Bucks match instead of the title match.
My initial expectation was PnP were going to get the first crack at the titles, but I think the logic is that they aren't going to have the new champs lose in their first defense, and whenever PnP get the shot, they are taking the belts. Hence why they had a pretty easy story to build up Hybrid2- eg they're pissed they were left out of the tournament, new heel persona, they could have had them getting build up from the start of TV to be ready to challenge at the PPV.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people seem surprised by Bea vs Baker being on the preshow.

PPV should have more womens matches on the card but Its honestly probably going to be the second worst match of the night (the first being the title match).

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if someone can help. I've ordered the PPV through the itv box office website. It's all paid for and I thought I would be able to go to channel 493 and record it so I can watch it when I get up but a page comes up to say it isn't possible to purchase through the sky q box.

Can I not record it? Or have I get to watch one of the repeats at a set time? Thanks

pazinyo

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
They decided it was better to stack the initial TV cards and sell the first PPV on the top 3-4 matches.

The women’s division has been in a constant state of flux since AEW started, first it looked like Kylie was gonna be the face of the division, then Britt, then Nyla. They also probably wanted Yuka or Shida to be the big stars but their schedules are limited. They’ve settled on Riho and fortunately that has worked out.

Up until two weeks ago they’ve been dealing with a bad hand and throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks. Now in the past two weeks, they brought back Sakura, Mercedes and Swole + debuted a solid virtual unknown in Shanna out of nowhere + Shida has finally moved to America to work full time. And it sounds like Yuka might be back in the near future now.

I‘m ok giving them leeway on the women’s division for now. If things are still feeling hastily put together come the next PPV then they’ll get my criticism.