• An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 20 hours, 34 minutes, 4 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

AEW Dynamite |OT| Wednesday Nitro - Live on TNT, Wed. @ 8 ET

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
It was a great match. The problem was that it had too many commercial breaks and that interrupted the flow for the TNT viewers. On AEW Plus it was just perfect. And Private Party won!
That's mostly the reason, it was also especially worse because I watch on the TNT app so I get no PiP. But it was just too slow for what these guys (especially Private Party and their relative inexperience) are capable of.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably a little slow, but for the 12 man brawl, what are the rules? I thought if you were out of the ring you were out, but MJF still snuck in at the end?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The tag match felt awkward to me with the two commercial breaks and whatever that legal man botch was. The suplex spot was nice and Ortiz always does his best to keep things entertaining. Gin and Juice looked wonderful, though.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Did any of ya'll watch NXT as well? How was that?
I watched the overrun.

The whole brand war doesn’t excite me because if it’s like every other year, it’ll be completely forgotten about after Sunday.

nXt has already fired the main roster bullet, and now ladder matches in back to back weeks. They seem a bit WCW 1998 desperation levels in just hotshoting everything they think will win the ratings for one week.

AEW just seems to be rolling along making no major storyline adjustments and building new stars.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I like that this is the week we finally get some of the singles matches from the great tag teams.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished Shida vs. Baker. That was the most I've enjoyed a Shida match. I want to like her so hard, but she hasn't done it for me yet. This match, though? She showed me something. Gimme those knees all day. She also learned how to kick out at two and make it look dramatic. The dead space between moves was filled with gesticulations and playing to the crowd. The pacing, especially the final minutes, was also much better than her other matches. Good stuff.

Someone needs to talk to her about those backstage promos, though.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, are the Dark Order an alt-white cult?

Oh wait, token diversity near the end of the video.

That was excellent.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
incredible show tonight. Easily my favorite Dynamite so far. There was the weird pinfall botch and the women’s match took a little time to get going but an absolute barn burner of a show IMO. Moxley V Allin was fantastic I look forward to the day we see that rematch as it’s easily my favorite match that’s been on Dynamite. So good.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
This was in the running for best episode of Dynamite which is pretty high praise. For me, I think it might have been the best balanced between action and promos.

-Fenix/Jackson was a really fun opener and good way to give Fenix a little extra shine. He's somebody that they could give a big singles push to at any point.

-It seems I may be in the minority based on the live reactions in this thread, but I thought Baker/Shida was solid. Baker has had good matches with good workers. Shida is getting criticized a lot for her pace, but she does a really good job connecting with the audience. I'm guessing we get Riho/Shida II for the belt next week.

-The Dark Order vignette was great and exactly the kind of thing they needed. They've done great with their presentation the last two weeks. How refreshing is it to see a wrestling company listen to its audience??

-The battle royale was fun, albeit a bit of a rehash from Double or Nothing, but such good booking because of how much they were able to push forward with it:
*Daniels vs Pentagon
*Janela vs Spears
*MJF got good heel heat and we got another introduction to Wardlow
*MJF vs Page set up for next week, and that's a big match that's had seeds planted since Double or Nothing
*Havoc got to look like a maniac
*Cassidy got another big spot and crowd reaction
*Jungle Boy got more build as a sympathetic underdog
*I've never been a Gunn fan but he got a huge crowd response which added to the spectacle

-Another awesome and clever promo segment from Jericho, and another great step setting up Scorpio as a star. And really cool using this to set up a big pop, and squash to build up Luchasauras some more. By the way, he's a shit head, but they've booked Hager really well too, and have set up matches with Page, Dustin, and Lucha now for him at some point.

-Private Party/Proud & Powerful was yet another fun and fresh tag match. Loved the vertical suplex spot. Furthered the Bucks feud and put another huge win on PP's resume.

-And then there was the Moxley/Allin match. I think that was the best TV match in AEW so far. Seriously gripping and, at least for me, legit unpredictable. Both of these guys are coming across as stars.

And next week already looks crazy stacked, both Dynamite and Dark! This is so fucking fun to watch!!

Violence Jack

Oct 25, 2017
Something just dawned on me. While he's not going to win, a black man just got a shot at the main title only 8 episodes and a couple of PPVs into AEWs existence.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about you guys but if I bought into that DO video and then arrived to meet them and its a purple viking, a gimp and a bunch of putty men from Power Rangers, I'm getting the hell out of there.

bluexy

Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's show was so fun and funny. I know more experienced fans probably thought Billy Gunn was lame, but that whole royale was just so entertaining. Just giving a guy that everyone in the ring clearly respected the career of an opportunity to have some spotlight. And he did so well! With the ass-off with Sonny, the feud with MJF, and getting to be OC's foil for his routine.

More great promos, more great matches, and while I'm not so much excited by SCU or their shtick, Jericho just elevates everything he gets involved in. It's actually the same with Kenny for me, I just love everything he does when the camera's on him.

Feels great to be a fan again.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's show was so fun and funny. I know more experienced fans probably thought Billy Gunn was lame, but that whole royale was just so entertaining. Just giving a guy that everyone in the ring clearly respected the career of an opportunity to have some spotlight. And he did so well! With the ass-off with Sonny, the feud with MJF, and getting to be OC's foil for his routine.

More great promos, more great matches, and while I'm not so much excited by SCU or their shtick, Jericho just elevates everything he gets involved in. It's actually the same with Kenny for me, I just love everything he does when the camera's on him.

I'm happy your watching and having a good time! It's a great place to be tbh

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

remz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about you guys but if I bought into that DO video and then arrived to meet them and its a purple viking, a gimp and a bunch of putty men from Power Rangers, I'm getting the hell out of there.
Lmao for real hahaha

Still watching the ep now, but It seems like JR "gets' orange cassidy now at least lol. A few weeks ago he sounded legitmately confused.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

I feel the same way. Having a blast with AEW.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I worked late and had to watch on DVR but....that was one helluva show. GOD DAMN!

One of my favorite things about AEW so far is how every week, someone on here says that week was their favorite. Well this week was mine. Solid from top to bottom with that opener from Fenix and Jackson absolutely stealing the show.