• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 2 days, 6 hours, 15 minutes, 52 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

2019 Black Friday & Cyber Monday |OT| Ugh, But I Just Bought That Last Week!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm blown away somebody still has GCU haha. I miss mine :(.
I still have mine as well, but the end is coming.

I was lucky enough to have my GCU run out shortly before the announcement they were discontinuing it. Had there been any leak of the discontinuation I would have had more years but there wasn't :(

Brando

Oct 25, 2017
Good idea! I'll definitely do that. Another thing I didn't like was how CAG's didn't lock the header at the top. I noticed you did that in your copy and it just makes it more functional rather than having to remember which column is which retailer.
Yes please. Spreadsheets without locked headers on row 1 always trigger me.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if there have been any deals recently but you can buy subscriptions to UPS My Choice and it'll automatically upgrade Surepost packages to Ground (if you choose).

Sometimes they practically give away the memberships.

The last time I reported a driver for something (though not as severe) the crazy fucker showed up on my porch to confront and yell at me. It was bizarre, especially because he is my daily USPS driver and pretty easy to tame with yet another phone call.

But yeah I will. Honestly they are lucky I'm honest or it'd be missing.

My signature, apparently.
I’ve had so many problems with packages. All Usps too. Mailman didn’t want to come up the drive so he threw the shit at the bottom of my driveway in a bag. Another time left a book package on top of my mail box. And then one time said I’d signed for my mom’s ashes and delivered them to the wrong house. I fucking HATE Usps.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I still have mine as well, but the end is coming.

I was lucky enough to have my GCU run out shortly before the announcement they were discontinuing it. Had there been any leak of the discontinuation I would have had more years but there wasn't :(
I remember having to wait to get paid from work before I could renew and it ended before I got my check. Shit felt baaaad lol

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
It’s annoying that this is the first year with no $40 ps+ deals. Yeah I know it’s only $5 more and it’s $45 everywhere, but still.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Sekiro is back up on Amazon for $25, PS4 and Xbox one.

Resident evil 2 on Xbox one on Amazon for $20.

Outer Worlds, PS4, $35 on Amazon

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo! I spawn camped target's website for the past few hours and managed to refresh the page when they had 3 more copies of CTR in stock on ps4... got one!

Shiba

Oct 25, 2017
My main haul so far was some Capcom titles on steam that I've been eyeing for awhile, mainly Megaman 11 and Street Fighter 5 along with the champion addition.

Also while they weren't on sale I just decided to say fuck and get it during this time anyways.....Got the Valve Index as well as Half Life Alyx and Planet Zoo. Was also thinking of getting some VR games for the index but since it might not be here before the 25th I'll hold off on that until it gets here.

Bomblord

Jan 11, 2018
Anyone see any good monitor (120+hz) deals?

Dell had one that went up at 9 am but when I clicked it at 9 am it was out of stock.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Running out of space on my Xbox One X drive, anyone have a good replacement drive they can recommend that's on sale today?

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Order Dragon Quest XI from Best Buy on Friday for $20. I haven't even received it yet and now Amazon has it for $15. Awesome.

Sales are frustrating somtimes

Sep 7, 2018
What is the best way to buy Nier Automata and what other PS4 games would y'all recommend for me? I only have Horizon, Persona 5, and Resident Evil 2.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're in the lull before Cyber Monday, I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone contributing and being helpful in a very successful thread about Black Friday deals. I know some will try to give me credit for it, but really, it's all of you who helped spot deals and helped others find them that goes well beyond just me alone. So thank you everyone.

Looking towards next year, does anyone have any suggestions on how things can improve next year? I think the number one priority will be creating Era's own spreadsheet to compare deals. I know CAG has one and it gets passed around here as well as I reference it in the OP, but I'd like to have something that we can call our own and that will allow us more control over the contents of it. I noticed some holes in CAG that I would have filled in if we had our own. I think the next thing I'm going to do is call it the Black Friday & Cyber Monday |OT| next year since there's always this question should we start a new thread or keep it here. Anyone have any objection to that or should we actually segregate to another thread to discuss Cyber Monday?

Other than those two things, any other feedback or things you'd like to see next year? Things that should be threadmarked? I'm writing up some notes now to remember things a year from now.
You did a really awesome job, helped a lot of people, and kept the thread regularly updated. It seriously helped a lot and made it a lot easier to find deals. Thank you so much. As for suggestions:

I'd suggest keeping the CAG spreadsheet along with an ERA one just in case - that way people can cross reference between the two.

It might be unnecessary / convoluted but I'd suggest pointing out somewhere that the thread is for Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday. I noticed the PS4 Slim bundle for example was listed on Sun and by Fri it was getting harder to find. Opening it to those 4 days makes it so people can get a central hub of deals and get things early if they're available. Granted it does push the thread away from just BF -> CM, but sales seem to be starting earlier and earlier, and I personally had most of my stuff done on/before Thanksgiving.

I'd also suggest putting links to Wario64's Twitter, as well as the CAG video game deals account somewhere. They're quite quick with the deals (Wario especially) and can help people find things they might not think of getting, or deals on stuff they're already eyeing, as well as telling people if stuff they want is back in stock (that happened with the $35 The Outer Worlds deal).

Order Dragon Quest XI from Best Buy on Friday for $20. I haven't even received it yet and now Amazon has it for $15. Awesome.

Sales are frustrating somtimes
Can you buy the one from Amazon and return the one from Best Buy?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking of getting a Switch lite for morning/afternoon train rides and some of the RPGs (Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy X/X2 and XII) look pretty tempting even though I have them on PS4.

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of getting a Switch lite for morning/afternoon train rides and some of the RPGs (Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy X/X2 and XII) look pretty tempting even though I have them on PS4.
I'm in the same boat, but it doesn't seem like there are any Switch Lite deals, unfortunately. The best I saw is a $25 gift card with the purchase of a Switch Lite at Gamestop. I will hold out for a better deal.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, Samsung still has the sale on 860 EVO's and Ebates raised their cash back to 20%. There are some others on sale too, but the 20% still applies to everything so maybe deals on other items too.

4TB 860 EVO - $400
2TB 860 EVO - $184

970 Pro 1TB - $240

970 EVO Plus 2TB - $320
970 EVO Plus 1TB - $176

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed my old running shoes are now literally falling apart. Any good sale for any comfy running sneakers?

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon has the August Smart lock on sale today for $55.30. I’m tempted, but then a part of me has this suspicion that it’s at a low price because everyone is clearing out inventory because a new model is going to be announced at CES in January.

August Smart Lock - Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone - Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752XNC8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yOu5DbHH6M7J9

EDIT: just a heads up if anyone gets this, you’ll also need the August connect Wifi bridge if you want to be able to lock and unlock your door from where ever you may be in the world.

Last edited:

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon has the August Smart lock on sale today for $55.30. I’m tempted, but then a part of me has this suspicion that it’s at a low price because everyone is clearing out inventory because a new model is going to be announced at CES in January.

August Smart Lock - Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone - Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752XNC8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yOu5DbHH6M7J9
Anyone on Era have one? I’m interested in any feedback someone may have.